Author Topic: Boberg Pre-order Queue  (Read 10961 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Boberg Pre-order Queue
« on: March 16, 2012, 08:43:27 AM »
I have been checking the Boberg pre-order list about once a week to see how soon my name would come up and the list had not changed since about Christmas.  It looks like they have taken about 150 names off the list this week and that puts me within about 50.  Maybe about 2 months I should see it.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Boberg Pre-order Queue
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 09:08:57 AM »
Hopefully, maybe sooner.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:46:50 AM »
MRC, Arne posted that they lost their secretarial help, so haven't been inputting info on the list..."should be caught up soon."  Production has doubled/month since suppliers have come through finally.  Don't know when you got on the list, but you may be surprised.  I'm on the list as of Dec. 8, 2011 but bought one from an owner who had two.  I'll probably buy the 2nd one and sell it when the time comes unless I just can't stand to part with it!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline jmoh

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 04:02:35 PM »
I pre-ordered in April 2011 , picked mine up yesterday from the FFL. It took two weeks to receive from the time I paid for it, they lost a shipping person , as stated earlier and just hired a new one last Friday.

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:00:11 AM »
I have been checking the Boberg pre-order list about once a week to see how soon my name would come up and the list had not changed since about Christmas.  It looks like they have taken about 150 names off the list this week and that puts me within about 50.  Maybe about 2 months I should see it.

I know you were close to me on the list.  I can't remember if it was before or after.  I got my "put your money where your mouth is" email on Monday.  I only purchased one so there would be enough left for you.   ;D

Did you get your email?
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 10:29:55 AM »
Ljutic  -  I got my e-mail on Monday also.  I had put in for two guns on the pre order, so that is what I have coming.  I am looking forward to receiving them.  By reading the Boberg forum it sounds like most of "The Bugs" have been worked out.

I am impressed with the on-line preorder-order system that Arne has established.  Not unlike the Rohrbaughs, I have found virtually no one local who has heard anything about Boberg.  I really think he is going to have to set up some kind of Dealer network as Rohrbaugh and Seecamp have.  He seems to have a good grasp of the business end for an Engineer and I think he will do well, at least I hope so.

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 05:41:05 PM »
Ljutic  -  I got my e-mail on Monday also.  I had put in for two guns on the pre order, so that is what I have coming.  I am looking forward to receiving them.  By reading the Boberg forum it sounds like most of "The Bugs" have been worked out.

I am impressed with the on-line preorder-order system that Arne has established.  Not unlike the Rohrbaughs, I have found virtually no one local who has heard anything about Boberg.  I really think he is going to have to set up some kind of Dealer network as Rohrbaugh and Seecamp have.  He seems to have a good grasp of the business end for an Engineer and I think he will do well, at least I hope so.

I give him credit for walking before he sprints.  I think the dealer network will come, but Arne is doing it small and smart for now until he can assure his parts pipeline is stable.  I'd much rather be a beta tester for his supply chain than a beta tester on a gun rushed to market with potentially substituted parts.  Getting a spot on the list costs nothing and he won't sell what he doesn't have parts on hand to make.  Hard to find any fault with that business model.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »
I agree Ljutic.  He said early on that he did not have the capital to produce the pistol and split the profit with a dealer.  He even passed up the SHOT Show for lack of capital and he really was not ready to "supply the huge market" that exists right now.

When Ruger, who produces one in every six firearms that is sold in this country,  is booked for 12 months and has stopped taking orders from dealers,  the market is huge.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 05:46:33 PM »
I have been out of town for three days, but I received an e-mail from Boberg that my pistols have shipped and should be here tomorrow.  Great service.

Offline Corvette

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 05:54:56 PM »
Boberb  is going to make +P+ barrels available soon.
Yes, +P+.
Just drop in and go bang. No fitting required.
It'll be a pup with WAY more attitude. 

And, longer barrels will also be available as well.

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 09:06:45 PM »
I got my "your stuff has shipped" email today, so maybe I'll have it for the weekend.  With my luck it shows up Saturday when I'm locked down with the Ruger Rimfire Challenge.

At least USPS will be working on Friday so fingers crossed it shows up by then.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 06:05:57 AM »
I took the Boberg to the range yesterday and shot 115 and 124 gr Gold Dots without a hitch.  I was a little disappointed in the trigger but once I got used to it the pistol was very accurate and easy to shoot.
When I got home I put it on the scale and with 8 rounds of 115 gr GD it weighed 21.4 oz.  Also put the Solo on the scale with 7 rounds of 115 gr GD and it weighed 20.2.  Looking forward to chronographing the two to find out how much the longer barrel helps.  Over all a good range trip.

NOTE THE CHANGE.  I HAD THE WRONG WEIGHT ON THE SOLO.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:13:59 AM by MRC »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 06:27:14 AM »
I took the Boberg to the range yesterday and shot 115 and 124 gr Gold Dots without a hitch.  I was a little disappointed in the trigger but once I got used to it the pistol was very accurate and easy to shoot.
When I got home I put it on the scale and with 8 rounds of 115 gr GD it weighed 21.4 oz.  Also put the Solo on the scale with 7 rounds of 115 gr GD and it weighed 21.2.  Looking forward to chronographing the two to find out how much the longer barrel helps.  Over all a good range trip.

Bob.  Congrats on the Bobergs and thanks for the range report.  I'm still pleased as punch at the Boberg's performance.  Continue to enjoy!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 08:46:42 AM »
Congradulations on the Boberg.  :)

Offline Heber_Guy

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »
Eagerly awaiting the chronograph results.