Author Topic: Softpoints?  (Read 10592 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Softpoints?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2005, 11:00:05 AM »
Haha - sorry Gary - I like many use the ''shorthand'' a lot - laziness!!  Richard is right on those two - then we have others of course - BTW (by the way), POV (point of view), OTOH (on the other hand), YMMV (your mileage may vary), AFAIK (as far as I know).  There are many but these are common ones.

I doubt group pics overly important to post but sure - later on sometime if others then a brief phone chat might help.  I'll drop you a PM.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Garish

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2005, 01:10:05 PM »
Thanks for the interpretations.  I figured these were from test messages like CB radio used t be and I being a Ham used similar thigs when sending morse code.  I just do not understand unless I ask and I have never been afraid to ask.  The only dumb question is the one you don't ask - at least that is what they say.

I think the descriptive results would have got me to thinking anyway.  At least some ideas as to what to try in this special pistol.

Anyone have a GI 50?

Gary...

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2005, 08:08:36 PM »
Gary:

I don't have a GI .50, but I have an IMI/MR .50.  I posted this photo once before, but here it is again - "David and Goliath":

The .50 is a real "blast" to shoot!   ;D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Garish

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2005, 08:38:54 PM »
I agree, the Desert Eagle is fun to shoot and very accurate.  Though I doubt I will use it for personal defense, more for handgun hunting.  It is a quality piece of work.  I have the same model but with brushed chrome.  I am having a hunting holster built for it.  I also put adjustable sights and a Trijicon heads up display sight which needs no battery (I cannot hunt with electronic schopes here in Oregon).  This one uses a daylight collector during the day and tritium at night or low light conditions.

This pistol has nowhere the quality of craftsmanship as the R9 but it works well.  It is difficult to get an ankle holster for!

Gary...