Author Topic: R9s price increase and grip material change  (Read 10269 times)

Offline Jax

Re: R9s price increase and grip material change
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2004, 12:38:08 PM »
Mail sent to your email account.

Hope we can work it out to get together this coming weekend.

Jax

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Figuring out the R9...
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2004, 05:44:15 PM »
>>Incursion...  It's AWESOME that you are getting together with Jax for some one on one with the R9s...!  Man - I really wish I could join you guys...!!  Anyway...hopefully you guys will be able to get a handle on your R9 and you can report back to the rest of us what the deal is???  Good luck...!...TW<<

Offline Incursion

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2004, 09:17:59 PM »
Eric left me a voicemail saying that he's sending me 2 new mags.  Maybe it's not the gun.  Both mags did jam on me though.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2004, 12:02:39 AM »
I suggest you guys swap guns for the range session.  Each bring your own ammo and shoot 'em.  See what happens and record the results.  This way you are testing the ammo and the shooting technique.  Then swap the guns back and compare again.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline TW

• Grand Master
R9s price increase and grip material change
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2004, 01:01:18 AM »
>>Incursion...  To follow up with Gator - be sure to keep track of whos mags belong to who when you go shooting with Jax.  Hadn't thought to question the reliability of the magazines until you mentioned Eric was sending you new ones to try.  Makes sense though since you probably didn't send your mags back to Rohrbaugh when you sent the gun back to be looked over.  Doubt too whether Rohrbaugh fully test every magazine that leaves the factory with every new gun.  Wouldn't it be great (for you) if your problems rested with faulty magazines...?...!!  I still say you need to keep up with the factory lube regimen...TW<<

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2004, 01:28:51 AM »
I could maybe have mentioned this before but forgot.  Despite all my ammo tests thru my first R9 - I did notice at quite a late stage that one mag presented the top round at a seemingly other than ideal angle - even if ''fiddled'' with.  These mags worked OK most of time but, looking back - just perhaps it was the slightly ''rogue'' mag that might have given the odd FTF.

I measured the min dia across feed lips and came out at 0.310".  I sent Eric and Karl this pic and a similar one, to ask about it.  I was sent two new mags which are 0.320" across min dia of feed lips.  This is the latest mag I believe.

Just mentioning cos it strikes me the wider feed lip dimension better ensures the correct angle of round presentation to the feed ramp.  Might always be worth a check to see what mags you in fact have.

This pic is of the old mags .. one showing clearly its reluctance to allow top round to tip/present properly. GD's are shown here - the usual carry ammo.  My 0.320" mags are just fine.

Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2004, 02:07:29 AM »
[quote author=R9SCarry I measured the min dia across feed lips and came out at 0.310".  I sent Eric and Karl this pic and a similar one, to ask about it.  I was sent two new mags which are 0.320" across min dia of feed lips.  This is the latest mag I believe.

>>Hi R9s...  Out of curiosity...what minimum diameter measurments do you get off the two mags which just came with your second gun...?  Measurements from my mags read .308 & .312 respectively, and I observe similar "off tilt" positioning of top bullets in each mag as shown in your pic.  However, I haven't had any problems feeding bullets from either mag...TW<<

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2004, 02:20:09 AM »
TW - my new gun has 0.320" mag lips (like my #1 gun's replacement mags) .. well, that's just with vernier calipers so - say +/- a thou or so on accuracy.  My top rounds sit just great - no reduced tilt at all .... just what I'd call ideal presentation.  Born out by reliability so far with that new gun .. more rounds thru it today.

Sounds like your mags could be earlier editions judging by those dimensions.  As I said .. my 0.310" (nom) mags fed fine for most part but - did feel that the one of mine with less than ideal tilt was potentially less than perfect.  It is perhaps a case of the smaller dimension mags feeding fine but ...... just not maybe quite as ideally.

Could be a moot point - however - the new mags are IMO better.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.