Author Topic: FAQ site - prelim' stage  (Read 2710 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
FAQ site - prelim' stage
« on: October 20, 2004, 10:41:50 PM »
OK folks .... a brief interlude in my chaos routine allowed me to further work on some pages on the mini site.  Long ways to go yet tho!  I have uploaded what I have so far - not a lot, but a start.

Take a peek if you will ... this is pretty much how it'll look - just gotta add a load of extra pages yet - which may take some time.  Don't forget - I need feedback from everyone re the various topics we can add ... both what is on this forum and .... things yet to deal with too perhaps.

R9Scarry's Facts and FAQ's
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
Re: FAQ site - prelim' stage
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 10:54:12 PM »
Nicest lubrication instructions I have ever seen for any gun.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 12:12:02 AM »
Nice, my friend!

What about the thread with the sticky re: proper reassembly of the recoil spring?

Also the early threads regarding PM-9 comparisons -- a hot topic with pics.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline shelb

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 12:29:56 AM »
That is great!
That will be a very valuable rescource indeed.

Great photography as usual, Chris.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 01:05:17 AM »
Duane ... so far I do make ref to spring orientation in the page on close up detail of R9 compnents.  I will tho do a page on that as a specific ..... we are still embryonic and it's early days.

R9 comparisons?  Ahah ... well mentioned .. I will look into that but - gotta link?  To help me out?
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline TW

• Grand Master
FAQ site - prelim' stage
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 01:56:06 AM »
>>Chris...

I'm surprised you weren't more excited about the idea of helping to develop a registry (?) for the R9 to include on your FAQ site **sniff**...lol...!  I know the R-Boys are busy critters but if they like the idea they may be willing to contribute the data as a service to their customers and for collectors use.  In reality I shouldn't think it would be THAT much work for them in that they have only sold ~ 200 R9s to date...easier to start up now then down the road, and a public registry could save them work down the road in that they could simply reference the site to inquiring individuals.  Anyway, it was just a thought.  I might pursue it on my own down the road...and if I get anywhere I'll let you know.  Perhaps such a resource would be better set up here at the Rohrbaugh forums...?...

OK...on to my next suggestion for your FAQ site...  How about a thread addressing good and bad magazines for the R9...?  It could start with the comments/questions you raised in regards to bullet seating looking at the minimum diameter across the feed lips of the mags as an indicator of a mag which may or may not function smoothly.  Some of the older mags had widths in the neighborhood of .308" - .312".  The newer ones all seem to be .320".  When I asked Eric about this he noted the mags are made with a gap tolerence of +/- .005" from .320"...mags outside of this are considered "bad" mags.

Your original comments about the mags can be found under Rohrbaugh Products & Accessories / R9 & R9s Pistols / R9 Price Increase and Grip Material Change...page #3...Reply #35 on 14 October '04 @   http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1097036345;start=30#30 .

So...whacathink...?...TW<<

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 10:36:13 AM »
TW -- haha!  Not really a case of ''not excited'' re registry deal ... didn't mean that.  More that it seemed like (for now) not perhaps the top of list for FAQ stuff.  That said, if you feel like pursuing the data collection on it then go for it . I would find that more than acceptable! :)  Keep in touch on it over time and let me know later when and if you have some stuff.

Magazines? ... yep ... another useful subject .... and I'll try and get something added on that theme.  Thx for the link back to the earlier posting on that ... appreciated.  Just a case of finding more time.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site