Miscellaneous > The Water Cooler -- General Discussions

California Trip

(1/4) > >>

cargaritaville:
Just got back from 10 days in California. LA to Paso Robles to Big Sur to Carmel By The Sea to Monterey to Napa Valley to Sonoma to Yosemite to Sequoia to Lost Canyon to Santa Barbara , back to Paso Robles and then back to LA. Beautiful State. The people we met all take apathy pills every morning. $7.09 for gas! Incredibly high taxes on everything! Stupid real estate prices. Teslas everywhere! Tesla charging stations backed up forever. No where is a cop from anywhere to be seen. Crime everywhere. I was told not to wear my Rolex while visiting California or for my wife to wear her diamond. Good advice. Crazy drivers. People wearing masks everywhere! And this guy wants to be president? God help us....Back to Florida and I will never complain about anything here ever again. I love this place. Now I know why here in Lakewood Ranch the majority of the people moving in are from California, New York & New Jersey.

backupr9:
As with many Kalifornians, you had a “bad trip”. Welcome back to Florida and the South!

MikeInTexas:
The problem we see here in Texas with those moving in from the peoples republic of Kali, is that they bring their politics with them.  The same politics and thought processes that is destroying that state and they can't recognize it as being their fault.  Austin and a few other places here are just about lost to the loonies.

DDGator:

--- Quote from: cargaritaville on October 26, 2023, 04:10:36 PM ---Teslas everywhere! Tesla charging stations backed up forever.

--- End quote ---

So...  Fun fact.  I recently bought a Tesla.  I love technology, and the cars are basically a rolling computer that use tech that no other cars do.  It's also crazy fast.  Teslas are truly amazing machines.

Now listen -- I know people who don't like EVs are afraid the government is going to make them give up their F-350 Diesel for a SmartCar.   I'm not in favor of government getting bigger or making more restrictive laws on much of anything, no less car ownership.

But don't blame the poor Teslas!   ;D

tracker:
Do you still have your BMW that you bought in Germany?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version