Author Topic: R9s for Sale-Pictures added  (Read 8084 times)

Offline garymass

• Expert
R9s for Sale-Pictures added
« on: August 01, 2015, 02:47:50 PM »
I know I will regret this but since I'm not authorized to carry this as a BUG and we are changing duty weapons I will need to purchase a compact 1911 so something has to go. So I'm listing my R9s with CF grips and a total of 3 mags. It will come with the box and manuals and I had also purchased the black screws and new o-rings from one of the members here who was seeking them to us. I just put 3 mags through it two days ago and no issues and everything is cleaned and back in the safe. I'm selling a couple of my watches so if they sell first then I will close this sale. I'm looking for $1050.00 + shipping via FFL to FFL or will do F2F in Arizona. Payment should be by USPS money order and once received gun can ship. There is a limit on pictures and guess mine are to large so I can email them to you. Thanks
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:27:13 PM by garymass »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: R9s for Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 05:06:20 PM »
Good Luck with your sale Gary. . . . . and Stay Safe out there please.   8)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline garymass

• Expert
Re: R9s for Sale
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 07:47:39 PM »
Thank you Sir.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: R9s for Sale-Pictures added
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 02:58:26 PM »
Hey Gary,

That looks like an early frame. Approximately what serial number is it around?

Eric
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 04:47:17 PM »
Eric I can't tell but has a u.s.a. Slide

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 05:13:40 PM »
Hey Gary,

That looks like an early frame. Approximately what serial number is it around?

Eric

The serial # is in the 12XX range per this post.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=7939.0

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 05:56:11 PM »
Nice! I knew that was an early piece. The lines on the front of the frame are crisp. For a while early on we were hand sanding them round and then I said to my brother that I liked to look of the sharp lines better, so we stopped hand sanding the "dust cover" portion of the frames and left them natural, showing those crisp design lines. Those early frames were also hand glass beaded by me to further deburr them and soften the over lines of the frame. That frame is also the early hard coat anodizing by a company out of Bridgeport, Connecticut. Depending on how long the frame was in the tank would determine the color of the frame! Those colors are great and rare too. Each frame was a slightly different color then. That means also that the grips on that particular R9 are the original carbon fiber grips in either the blue or black. Notice that the Family Crest is wider than the newer style and that there is no Rohrbaugh name engraved into the grip. Nice again! Very rare grip set on this firearm. I can see your R9 was sent back to us for slide work as it has the last rendition of our slide, an updated version, which I can see by our own "in house coding", that being the left hand side of the slide is in block letters and the "Made in U.S.A." has the dots in between the USA, indicating the firing pin hole was moved about .002" to fully center in upon a round. A small detail but that's what makes the firearms unique knowing all of the little details. That was also an original Farmingdale built gun. I know that because by the time we moved to Deer Park, we were using regular anodizing and not the hard coat anodizing any more.

Overall, this is one stunning early R9.

I hope this background information can help in your sale and, perhaps, give your R9 some value.

Regards to All,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:02:14 PM by ECR »

Offline garymass

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 09:37:48 PM »
Thanks, my other one was also close to this serial number and purchased it when I lived on Long Island. I actually liked this even better than the Farmie, just a little... I hope my watch sells first and will than keep this. Thank you for this great gun.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 01:30:31 PM »
Our pleasure it was Gary. . . . . . .  8)

Offline Executivedefense

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 05:25:53 PM »
Is this pup still available?

Offline garymass

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 06:42:30 PM »
Yes sir.

Offline garymass

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 05:31:19 PM »
Okay guess time to post on gunbroker, have a couple of trade offers that I'm considering.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 07:50:10 PM »
PM sent

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 08:17:52 PM »
ECR: You have fallen for the PUP. Good deal.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 08:57:29 PM »
Back to the mothership for that lucky little pup. 
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.