Author Topic: *Very* early R9 for sale.  (Read 2792 times)

Offline Seven

• Sharpshooter
*Very* early R9 for sale.
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:22:05 PM »
Hi folks.

I've just listed my R9 for sale at Gunbroker. It's one of the very early ones - serial #R227 - and is in excellent condition. Lots of extra goodies to go with it too. There's a link in the listing for both my Guns.com review of the gun as well as some additional info and images in a blog post on the BBTI blog.

It's a great little gun, but I realized that I hadn't shot it in years and all it is doing is sitting in my safe. That's just not right. It deserves to go to a better home.

Cheers!

Jim Downey

EDITED TO ADD: Sale concluded happily, and this nice little gun has found a new home. Thanks, everyone!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:49:27 PM by Seven »
Like Science Fiction?  Read my novel for free:  
http://www.communionofdreams.com/

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
Re: *Very* early R9 for sale.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 06:55:51 AM »
Good luck on your sale! There may be a collector that needs this to fill a spot in his safe. Not sure if $2K is a fair price or not, will be ggod to watch.

Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline Seven

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 08:15:18 AM »
Thanks - I'd be very surprised if anyone jumps on the "Buy now" price - but the reserve price is under what other R9s have gone for here recently.

Cheers!

Jim Downey
Like Science Fiction?  Read my novel for free:  
http://www.communionofdreams.com/

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 08:08:43 PM »
Good luck on the sale seven! Looks nice.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 01:55:14 PM »
Ah ha. . . . . A "real" R9 . . . . . No sights. . . . Just like Karl designed it! Good Luck with your sale!
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.