Author Topic: Sort of ''Eric'' update.  (Read 2846 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Sort of ''Eric'' update.
« on: December 21, 2004, 12:29:22 AM »
Eric kindly took some vauable time to reply to a short greetings email I sent him.  I show below the main part which will I feel bring folks up to speed a bit and I am sure he will not mind me sharing it.  Those guys have been going flat out I'll bet .........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[size=13]Merry Christmas!

Remember when it was legal to say that!

This country is going off it's rocker!

Just spent the second day in the new office trying to put things together.
Maria and I worked on getting the accessory orders that have been in "limbo"
for about a month or so ready to ship tomorrow! There are all kinds of
holsters, grip screws, springs....just "stuff" going out. Thank God
something is being shipped out of here! The new cnc machine for the slides
is getting closer to being fully ready to pump out the slides we need to get
some R9s out the door to their waiting parents! Not sure if we can get
anything out before the SHOT Show but we are really trying to do
that....we'll see. Definitely NOT sitting on our thumbs here! The new FFL
came in today! We are officially back in business with the new address!
Sorry for all of the exclamation points but....obviously we are excited
here!

Hate to be so short but I have about an hour or so of paperwork to get done
now for tomorrows deliveries.[/size]
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline rooster

Re: Sort of ''Eric'' update.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 09:59:24 AM »
I am a new member to the forum, and this is my first post.  Last nite I received a call from Eric.  Wishing me a Merry Christmas and giving me an update on a order that I had placed.  At this point in time I am patiently waiting for my R9 to show up at my dealer.  I just want to say that I have never experienced this kind of service from a company.  And I am looking forward to owning my R9

Rooster

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Sort of ''Eric'' update.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 12:58:10 PM »
>>Hi Rooster, and welcome to the place where folks think, talk, and dream about R9 semiautos and everything related...!  

As you've now experienced - Eric is a class act with few equals in this industry in regards to customer service, and simply being an all around nice guy!  I only wish Eric's call was to notify you of the arrival of your R9 via Santa...  But then maybe Eric IS Santa, and he will yet surprise you...!!!  Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he WAS Santa - lol...!  

Rest assured your R9 will be worth the wait.  Matter of fact I think the wait for an R9 might be part of the rights of passage to becoming an R9 owner...?...!!  I know I'm still waiting for mine (although I did pick up a really nice used R9 to help tide me over).

Merry Christmas...and continue to think R9...!...TW<<
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 12:59:46 PM by TW »

Offline sharp

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 08:19:40 PM »
>>Matter of fact I think the wait for an R9 might be part of the rights of passage to becoming an R9 owner...?...!!  <<

I guess I'll have to order "number two" since I haven't yet experienced this "rights of passage"! ;D  A few months ago I lucked out and found a dealer who'd just received a shipment of ten guns and had a few available.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 01:27:05 AM »
Rooster ... welcome! :)

''Our Eric'' - is indeed a class act ... exceptional in my experience.  A good guy to shoot with and be around, on top of which he promulgates customer service the like of which I had not known.

Is it any wonder, despite having my two ''pups'' that I am rooting for these guys all the time.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 06:50:04 PM »
Had a very pleasant chat with Eric today - he was updating me mostly on the state of health of an old member ''Blackhawk'' on THR but also wished me to pass on his best Christmas Wishes.

He was speaking from his new office and is pleased with progress - more machinery to be got in and commissioned it seems but - next major thing is SHOT Show .. followed by hopefully a fairly quick launch into production and a means to begin to catch up.

Eric is VERY aware of the delay factor - but once more craves indulgence.  There are I believe a limited number of slides available for fitting and so could be a few items will get out quite soon.

This is a difficult period for them all - to such an extent that until things get rolling again, cash flow is pretty darned tricky.  Once the hiatus is over tho, this should turn out to be a good year for them.

I'm sure all here would like to wish Eric, Karl and the team a great holiday and a very successful 2005 and beyond.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site