Author Topic: Just what the world needs. An AK pistol that takes 9mm Glock mags  (Read 3561 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Century Arms just announced they are releasing a AK pistol that will take the 9mm Glock mags. I realize that with Trump elected :D :D :D the bad side is gun sales are down but a AK/Glock following a FOLDING Glock? When will it all end? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Just what the world needs. An AK pistol that takes 9mm Glock mags
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 02:33:40 PM »

I hope the firearms industry can hold out another few years until there is a threat of a Democrat in the oval office.  The Trump effect is killing business.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 04:02:57 PM »

I hope the firearms industry can hold out another few years until there is a threat of a Democrat in the oval office.  The Trump effect is killing business.

Well I feel the election turned out the best for America but it did take the fear factor out of lots of buyers. That may be partially the cause of Remington going Chapter 11.

In the long run the strong survive. The others come up with these gimmicks we see hitting the market now. Because of your other many connections in the industry I am sure you keep abreast of the new things but to others they should subscribe to GunsAmerica . They have good info almost daily. It's a good read, and it's free. ;) ;)
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 07:22:25 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Kevin.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 08:00:23 PM »
I like the idea of an AK with Glock magazines.  PCC, aka Pistol Caliber Carbines, are taking off in popularity.  New competitive events are being run exclusively for them.  Lone Wolf and others have had Glock Magazine ARs for a few years now.  The Kriss takes Glock pattern magazines. 

While I don't know if they will ever become standardized across multiple platforms like the STANAG 5.56 magazines we can all hope for it.  The Koreans, Magpul and others have all jumped into the Glock magazine market, so they are plentiful and the price is staying low.  I kinda wish that the Kriss extensions would get cheaper (and also in 10mm), but they are at the least on the market.

A 9mm pistol/rifle combination could be ideal for a urban family that needs a self defense set up that is simple with common ammo and common magazine, that doesn't break the bank.

I am looking at one of my next purchases being a CZ Scorpion that for all intents is a pistol caliber carbine (SBR barrel length + arm brace = sold as a pistol.) http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol-w-flash-can-folding-brace/
Wish that took Glock Magazines.

If the the Chiappa M1-9 took Glock magazines instead of Beretta magazines, I might have access to one of those.  Herself has Glock Mags, and would probably have one of these if they fit (and had a bit better reputation for reliability).

Right now, it seems like innovation is taking us in some interesting directions.  Not only this, but look at the numerous manufacturers who are putting out 14 inch 12 gauge.........errr 'firearms'. Those arm braces that are effectively making SBRs without the tax stamp and the wait time available.  Also liking the new shotguns that feed from higher capacity detachable box magazines.  If you look at what clever people are doing in the occupied states to get around their onerous regulations it is amazing time in the hobby.

I hope they keep it up.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:25:13 PM by MikeInTexas »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 09:55:24 PM »
Speaking of pistol caliber carbines... anyone else digging on the new sub2000 by keltec. I really am enthralled with this inexpensive, reliable, innovative folder that takes glock mags. I’ve had a .40 for a few years now. I was just able to add a 9mm finally after looking high and low. They are finally readily available. I paid $400 for mine. Although very plastic and ugly to some I can’t get away from the extreme efficiency of the design.

If it’s not your thing I understand, but for a truck gun or something of the like it fills a niche very few (if any) other things could.

Oh, and now with steel AR style front sight and threaded barrel. Pretty cool IMO
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 10:07:01 PM »
I think you're onto something, Josh. Many blue bloods have turned their nose up at Keltecs as cheap junk. I have two of the pistols: PF-9 and P3-AT and they are very reliable. Their C/S is second to none and they will send you any part, mostly free, if rarely needed.