Author Topic: Polishing the feed ramp to fix feed problems  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Polishing the feed ramp to fix feed problems
« on: November 14, 2005, 03:49:13 PM »
I might mention one thing that happened with Kel-Tec.  For a long time, it was considered appropriate to perform the "Fluff N Buff" procedure to ensure that all would be well.  It was a very common practice for the P3AT.  Very common!

Then, I eventually read that Kel-Tec no longer approved of user changes of that nature.

I would not modify the feed ramp of my R9S thinking that Rohrbaugh might feel the same way.  This is only mentioned in case someone is tempted and had not thought of possible consequences.

Meanwhile, I do not mean to suggest that there are feed problems with the R9, except possibly a few isolated incidents.

Bill

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: Polishing the feed ramp to fix feed problems
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 04:34:29 PM »
Bill, point well taken.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Erich

• Expert
Re: Polishing the feed ramp to fix feed problems
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 06:35:31 PM »
I completely agree.

I've always been a little horrified to hear that folks are willing to tinker with the engineering of this close-to-the-envelope machine. Since you can never put back on the metal you've polished off, I would never attempt a homebrew fix for my R9s.

The Bros. Rohrbaugh have time and again demonstrated that they're willing to fix problems that arise - should a feed problem arise (a very rare occurence, apparently), I'd advise the owner to just call Maria and send it back!