Author Topic: VZ Grips  (Read 31080 times)

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
Re: VZ Grips
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
Will there be blue carbon fiber?

Offline l_elieze

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2011, 09:32:04 AM »
I just purchase an R9 and I am looking to get the VZ grips. I am looking at the black checker and the CArbon Fiber. Can someone comment as to which one will give me a better grip. Thanks.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2011, 07:54:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  I have the carbon fiber VZ grips on my Covert and find the grip to be excellent.  I have not tried the black checker VZ but have the checkered Hogues which also did well, but nowhere nearly as comfortable as the VZ's.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2011, 07:59:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum I_elieze.

I bought  a regular pair of carbon fiber VZ's with the intentions of buying a pair of checked down the road.

The pair I got feel so much better than the factory grips (G10 and CF).  As Moonshine, one other forum member put it, to paraphrase, it's like going from gripping a 1x2 piece of lumber to now actually holding a gun.

The VZ regulars CFs have a bit of a palm swell/curve that make them fell better and grip so much better that I now have no desire to try the checkered ones.

Just my view from the saddle.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2011, 12:03:43 PM »
Time to re-energize this thread! I picked up a set of checkered carbon fiber grips from Designergrips.com and really like the feel, but they are a bit too shiny for my taste so now I'm thinking about some VZs. I shot John from VZ an email about making a set of their carbon fiber grips with checkering since anything that gives me a better grip on my little pup is OK in my book. I received a reply in about 15 minutes letting me know that they are in the works and will appear on their site for 2012. I was kind of shocked by the quick reply! Usually I'll have to wait for a day or two to hear back from manufacturers. I told him I'd be first in line as soon as they go live. I'll be sure to post pictures and a report whenever I can get my hands on them.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2011, 01:30:03 PM »
Maybe a light sanding with some 1000 grit paper would break the shine enough and still allow the grips to look good.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2011, 04:25:16 PM »
I was contemplating that, but I've never worked with resin so I didn't want to mess them up. When I get the VZ grips, I was planning on selling these. If I end up keeping both sets, maybe I'll get brave enough to experiment.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2011, 04:42:26 PM »
Give Paul at Designergrips a call, he is great to work with.  He can tell you what will work and what won't.  When I was looking for new grips for my engraved Seecamp 380 he helped me pick out what I wanted and I am more than satisfied with the look.

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2011, 06:33:21 AM »
Sounds like a good idea, I'll shoot him an email later this morning.