Author Topic: Factory Robar Edition R9  (Read 3706 times)

Offline xaman

• Sharpshooter
Factory Robar Edition R9
« on: October 31, 2011, 11:18:23 PM »
Hey guys,

I've had this Robar R9 for a few months now and just find myself not carrying it... I never warmed up to pocket carry, and I have other guns I shoot better that fit as well IWB.  Ive got my mind on a motorcycle, so I'm going to see if there's any interest here for a Robar R9:

Pic when it arrived:

Here's a link to my original thread upon receiving the unfired R9;

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1314569654;start=

It now has 160 mixed rounds down the tube, flawless.  I can look up what kinds of ammo I've used if need be, but it likes it all.  I've carried it, so it's not as pristine as it was, but it's hard to hurt the Robar finish.  Its in great shape, but i have carried it and i do sweat, sorry i know thats gross :)  I need natural light to take updated pics, so that's a possibility tomorrow, if anyone is ready to talk seriously.  

I've got VZ carbon Fiber grips (currently installed), plus the factory Grips, plus some DesignerGrips in faux Ivory (never installed).

I have one straight silver mag extension, and two different take down tools.  Four or five extra springs.  Of course the original box etc.

I put some grip tape on the front strap and mag extension, but it'll come off easily if desired.

I can throw in a couple holsters that I made, they look nice, but I'm no professional, so they are just bonus, no warranty implied :D

If I recall, original price on these was $1795 or so?  I've got easily 200 dollars worth of extras, holsters are free, so...  

I'll list this one at $2,000. Local pickup is just north of Houston Texas.  I'm willing to ship at actual cost (which I think would be around $40).

I'm willing to part out some of the extras if that's what interests you.

You can PM me here, but for faster response email to:

elig@sent.com

Thanks all. This forum has been great.

Offline xaman

• Sharpshooter
Re: Factory Robar Edition R9
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 11:30:55 PM »
Found a range pic with the CF grips:

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 11:45:56 AM »
Eli.  Wishing you the best in the sell of your Robar; one great Rohrbaugh, for sure!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline shortslide

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 11:50:27 AM »
PM sent

Offline xaman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 01:11:59 AM »
Sale pending :)

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 07:45:41 AM »
Congratulations to the buyer and seller! :)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 11:29:48 AM »
Congrats to both parties, a fine pup to own. :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 11:03:16 PM »
xaman:

Those are beautiful holsters! However, my wife requisitioned my LWS32 with its old ivory grips about the time I took delivery of my R9 back in 2004. She now carries the Seecamp in a CITES compliant full elephant-hide holster that I obtained from another Forum member. All that aside, I am intrigued by that card case shown in one of your photos. If that card case or one like it is available, I would appreciate receiving a PM with the appropriate "particulars".
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:12:28 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 11:12:22 PM »
Eli and shortslide.  Congrats.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline shortslide

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 04:10:13 PM »
Just picked up the Factory Edition Robar R9 from my FFL today.  I guess I am in the club now.

The first thing I will say is that the gun looks every bit as awesome as it does in Eli's picks.  I had no ammo or supplies, so I Picked up fifty 115 grain Winchester silver tips and twenty 124 grain gold dots, a Bore snake, and some Rem Oil.   Will take it apart tonight and lube it.   I want to shoot it tomorrow at my local Pistol club's weekly "coffee and bullets" 10 am meet up.  

The holsters, take down tools, extra springs, grips & screws are great too.  Looking forward to "coffee and bullets" tomorrow, if I can sneak out of the office for an hour that is...

I also ordered 100 of the 115 grain gold dots, 100 of the 124 gain gold dots, and 20 of the 147 grain gold dots from Natchez, which will arrive on Friday.  I heard the 147 grains have a little more recoil, I am interested to see which variety of Gold Dot my new pup will like the best.

The Winchester silvertips were a dollar a bullet.  My LGS/FFL has one box of the 147 grain variety as well - was wondering if I should pick these up too -they told me these bullets are hard to come by...

Thanks Eli.  Your Robar is a welcome addition my collection - I promise this will not be a "safe queen".

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 04:25:58 PM »
Great, shortslide.  Do enjoy.  Winchester Silvertips are my favorite, so naturally I would say pick them up; I've never shot the 147 gr, however, the Robar should have no problem.

Glad all went well.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 05:06:24 AM »
Eli, Congrats on the Robar. The Gold Dots and also Winchester Rangers are my favorites in 124 & 147gr, they tend to be cheaper and more readily available the the Silver Tips.  Enjoy the new toy.:D (I mean tool)  ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 05:14:11 PM »
Shortslide,

I am sure you will enjoy your Robar as much as I do mine! I had planned on switching to my LWS380 for carry this summer. However, I only carried it once at a formal thing. The Robar is with me all the time.
 Gee, I wonder if I should sell all of my other pocket pistols???? NAAAH. Why would anyone want to do that!

Robar233