Miscellaneous > Other Guns

Another small gun :)

(1/5) > >>

Datan:
Guess this is an area for "other" guns so I'll talk about something different - a Serbu Super Shorty.  My reason for buying it was one of the reasons I bought the R9S - because I love small things… small guns, computers, electronic items, and so on - the more powerful the better.  There was another thread that asked if folks like expensive things - guess the question here is along the lines of small things..

This is the smallest 12 gauge that I know of; a Serbu Super Shorty with a 6 inch barrel (yes, it's class 3).  After shooting this thing, the recoil of anything else seems nearly non-existent.  It puts the biggest smile on my face every time I fire it and look at the damage it does to the target.  And I can carry it concealed (although I haven't) :).

DDGator:
I had and got rid of an NAA mini-revolver -- now I would like to have it back.  Now THAT is small...  

Datan:
Yes, I have one of those too.  It was the first gun I bought.  My wife told me one day that she had a dream of shooting someone with the little .22 revolver and that the bullet bounced off.  She then asked me to buy a bigger gun... I was happy to do so :)

9mil.mouse:
Datan, my goodness, a vest-pocket howitzer! How many rounds does it hold, and what is the pattern like at say, 15 feet? Wouldn't a folding stock be welcome on such a beast?

Datan:
It holds 2+1 of 2 3/4" or 3" shells.  The pattern is ~ 4.5 inches at 20 ft with 00 buck.  The pistol grip works well and avoided a $200 tax stamp (only a $5 tax stamp) - yes it does take getting used to.  I hold and fire it from a few inches above the hip.  I found that after a few shots, I am able to shoot it accurately - seems pretty natural.  2 3/4" reduced recoil shells are quite tolerable.  I won't shoot more than a few rounds of the regular 00 buck or slugs, however.  The Aguila minishells are great fun in this gun - I could shoot them all day.  They won't cycle properly, however, without a slight modification to the feed ramp and extractor that's not supposed to affect the cycling of regular sized shells - I'm thinking of doing this because I could then get 3+1 capacity.

You can read all about it and see a video of it being shot at: http://www.serbu.com/shorty.htm

I sure that the shells being shot in the video are NOT regular full power shells.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version