Miscellaneous > Other Guns

.357 Sig. question

(1/4) > >>

BillinPittsburgh:
Does anyone here have any experience with the .357 Sig, particularly with the Glock 32?

I presently carry a Glock 26 and am considering an upgrade in the near future.

Mr_Jody_Hudson:
Superb accuracy with 125 gr. Speer GDHP at 1350 fps or more.  The most superb combination of power and accuracy available in such a small package that I'm aware of.

R9SCarry:
Dang it Jodey - that equates to an MV of around 500 ft lbs .. that is IMPRESSIVE!  What length tube might we be talking about with these figures.  Something around 4" - or even less?

This is one cal and platform (what do you consider ideal) I have never explored but heck - that is some mighty fine energy there!  WOW!  Even a stoked ...357 mag with a 158 is only getting up to about 680 ft lbs .. and that'll mean bags of recoil - that is assuming a ball park vel' of 1400 fps.

Thoughts?

Mr_Jody_Hudson:
In my Keltec P-11 converted to .357 sig I get 1350 average with the GDHP 125.  There is a bit more velocity in the smallest Glock .357 the G33.  In a 4.5 inch (don't recall the gun, it may have been a Smith) it was about 1385 if I recall but not being my gun I did't keep the chrono tape.

Mr_Jody_Hudson:
Chris the recoil is not bad at all.  The .357 sig round seems to have  been made for very short barrels and does not increase speed as much as I would have thought in longer barrels or decrease as much in short ones as I would have guessed.  There seems to be more of a push than a snap in the powder used and the recoil from .357 sig in my Keltec does not seem to be as much as the recoil in my Rohrbaugh.  The grip is much wider and longer in the Keltec, spreading the recoil impression over more surface area.  The Keltec P11 is much larger than the Rohrbaugh.  The Rohrbaugh is the same size as the Keltec .380.  

I LOVE my Keltecs in each caliber and size; in .380, 9mm, .40 and .357!  However one of the .357 conversions did split the frame of one of my pistols.  Keltec of course replaced it, no charge, no comment from them.  Keltecs are not thousand dollar guns but the support is fabulous there.  I shoot my Keltecs a lot and have sent some of them back for repairs.  I've never sent one back twice however and some have had many hundreds of full power rounds through them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version