Author Topic: Re: fs rohrbaugh R9S  (Read 14205 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: fs rohrbaugh R9S
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 02:32:59 PM »
TW - you have yet to ''own up'' as to where you are on the group pic from the PA shoot! ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
fs rohrbaugh R9S
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 09:22:59 PM »
TW - you have yet to ''own up'' as to where you are on the group pic from the PA shoot! ;D

>>Well...ahhh, umm...  Actually, I didn't take a group pic - only because someone else did...!  Eric seemed to know the guy so it would be worth asking him about it.  

On the other hand, I did take nearly 100 detaled shots of Eric doing a complete take down/clean/lube of an R9...which I have yet to do anything with.  One of these days in my spare time I plan to take them to photo shop...maybe even include a naration...after which I intend to send both you and Eric copies - figured you might want to look at some of them for the FAQ site.

Now...if I could only find some of that "spare time"...which I thought you were supposed to have a lot of when you retired - lol...!...TW<<

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 10:12:37 PM »
TW - I know who took the pic!!  That was not what I was asking!   :P ;)

I have a hi-res copy from him (MikeB) and was trying to put names to faces thus - my wondering where you were on the pic.  There is a smaller version of it here on the post shoot entries in Jamie's invite thread.  Here - take a peek again ....

Oh - those pics you took with Eric - would very much like a set later when available, if you please! :)
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 11:04:10 PM »
TW,
I would say that most of us would like to see a good representation of your Eric R9 pictures.  Hope they make the forum someday.  What do they say about a picture being worth a 1000 words.   So what you got there is a best seller.  

I know that if you would make color copies - several on a page - I would gladly pay for your troubles and my guess is others would also.  This could be your answer to the "Chop Stick".
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline TW

• Grand Master
fs rohrbaugh R9S
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 01:27:19 AM »
>>Ahhhhh...  OK, Chris...  I am the big guy second guy from the right - with wildman gray beard, and wearing black shorts, a blue and black Hawian shirt, and a hat.  I think Eric and I were the only guys there holding pistols - R9s, of course.

Regarding the pics of Eric and the R9...  I will work on them when I can and will make them available to folks one way or  another.  If they are of caliber to put a little "How to" album together I will consider making some up for interested forum members - but don't start lining up just yet...!!  About cost...we'll see.  I suspect it will prove to be one of those things where you can't pay a person enough to make it worthwhile = a labor of love.  But if it is done for profit, my thoughts are to have it all go back to the forum.  One of the things I may want to do is have Eric make up decent descriptive captions...or at least review mine...which I will have to write up in addition to working on the pics.  But if it looks like it will be helpful to folks - then maybe it will be worth it.  Eric really did go into intricate detail in the takedown - was fascinating to see...wish all R9 owners could have experienced it...TW<<

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 01:38:25 AM »
TW - hahaha - in fact already had you pegged for the big shirt etc! LOL - maybe one case of ''getting it right'' with ID's ... thx for ''owning up'' :)

Re those pics - well, once you have some on hand - it is quite possible if you send me a set, I can order them and write some accompanying script - checking as necessary with Eric.

Let's see how it works out.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 10:36:12 AM »
Yep -- I picked out Eric too -- in the Rohrbaugh hat and with his finger clearly off the trigger of his R-9!  ;D
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 12:11:32 PM »
TW, You look like Magnum PI with a beard!!!!      Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 10:07:09 PM »
TW,
Maybe you should take the MountainMan name.  Put on the buckskins and  a 50 caliber black powder Hawkins in those big hands and you could step back in time.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2005, 05:34:13 AM »
I'm new to this forum, so I have a quetion that has probably been answered hundreds of times already.
Does anyone have a kind of accurate idea on what the delivery time is for an R9S from date of order? I really would like one and am very close to making the plunge.
Thanks and I really enjoy your forum.

doubletapMike
doubletapMike

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2005, 07:16:24 AM »
doubletapMike

That will depend on where you order from.  There are dealers that order several at the time, and will put you on their list..  This is the best way.  

Stick around you, will be be well advised here.
RJ=

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2005, 09:01:12 AM »
doubletapmike,

I've noticed that some on the forum are buying from this shop in Arkansas, and delivery was fast.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976561243.htm

On this forum, please do a search using the argument: Arego
I think the buyers were satisfied.

On GunsAmerica you can search for dealers using your telephone area code, and find someone nearby who has a FFL and good price for receiving the pistol.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/transfer.cgi

Bill
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 09:59:59 AM by Michigunner »

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2005, 09:28:33 AM »
I forgot to mention that on the Rohrbaugh web site, you can click on Find A Dealer.

That worked for me, just one month ago.  My dealer has 24 pistols coming, and he put one aside.

Bill
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 10:00:21 AM by Michigunner »

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2005, 12:26:46 PM »
Thanks all for the help and the quick reply.

doubletapMike
doubletapMike

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2005, 12:55:53 PM »
Mike, I have 1 R9 available on my Aug/Sept. shipment. If you are interested let me know. Regards, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus