Author Topic: Re: fs rohrbaugh R9S  (Read 14199 times)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
fs rohrbaugh R9S
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2005, 09:12:18 PM »
>>Hi Mike and welcome...

Tom is a long standing forum member (most of the year we have been in existence) and reputable FFL holding gun dealer who has helped people around here quite a lot.  You won't go wrong ordering from Tom.

Oh yeah...  To date the "average" wait period for an R9 when you order cold from a dealer is still six months or more.  That is one reason you win out ordering from a dealer who buys the guns in bulk and then offers them on a first come, first serve basis.  Tom's August/September order was likely placed months ago...so you will only have to wait a month or so.  Ordering off GunsAmerica.com is fine - but you miss out on a known name...which I always prefer when possible.  Again...Tom is a known name around these parts.

I hope you stick around and join in the conversations.  There are always a few folks waiting on guns and there is much to learn, and many accessories to consider, like holsters, cleaning lubes and equipment.

Be safe and enjoy...!...TW<<

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
Re: fs rohrbaugh R9S
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2005, 11:16:24 PM »
Tom, Thank you for your help and I am very interested. Just advise what you would like me to do. I have a great FFL that I deal with named Post Road guns In Cranston RI. I really appreciate all that everyone on the forum has done to help the new guy. Espeacially TW and you, Tom. Will be waiting to hear from you.

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2005, 01:03:18 AM »
Mike welcome!
I'm fairly new to the forum and I have a R9S on order from Tom for his Aug/Sept order.  After lurking here for months before I joined the forum, and reading many of Tom's posts, I felt like I was ordering from a friend.  I didn't want to wait 6 months and more and would rather not deal with a unknown.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2005, 01:15:54 AM »
Thanks Mountan Man. I was thinking that I would be lucky to see something by this Christmas, when Tom saved my neck. I really enjoy the forum and how everyone makes you feel like you've been on board forever. I'm sure that Tom appreciates your vote of support also. Just like I appreciate all of his help and courtesy. So, instead of many months, I should be an R 9 owner in just a few weeks. I'm a pretty happy guy! Something great to look forward too! Thanks to all.

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2005, 01:39:45 AM »
Tom,

I apologize for not mentioning your name to Mike.

I had just happened to come across something about the Arkansas dealer having extra guns, so that came to mind.

Should have remembered about you being a dealer!

It got to be 98 degrees F. today in southern Michigan.  It must have affected our minds.

Bill

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2005, 02:02:51 PM »
Many thanks to all. Mike I sent you a PM. Its cooler inside!!  Regards, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus