Author Topic: R9 Range Report  (Read 4134 times)

Offline JMB109

R9 Range Report
« on: December 14, 2021, 11:33:28 AM »
Recently purchased a LNIB Rohrbaugh R9 from Gunbroker and was able to take it to the range yesterday. I was very impressed with the little R9 on the range, it ran flawlessly and was very accurate for such a small pistol.

I ran several different brands and grain weights through the R9 and they all ran without a hitch. I used Gold Dot 124gr, HST 147gr, V-Crown 124gr and Black Label Ammo Inc 115gr. I ran a about a magazine of each, accept for the Gold Dots, which I ran two magazines. I intend to carry the Gold Dots, since they are recommended and seemed to have the least amount of recoil accept for the Black Label.

I was a little concerned that I may have malfunctions with the R9, being a used firearm that I was buying from an online dealer. I just recently purchased a used Bond Arms Bullpup, but had to send it back to Bond Arms due to multiple feed issues.

Very happy with the R9 and intend to carry it as my off duty firearm.  It's a shame that they are not still manufactured. I'm also a huge Seecamp fan, I've carried a Seecamp 32 and 380 daily for approximately 15 years. It would be awesome to see Seecamp start producing the R9.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: R9 Range Report
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 12:44:50 AM »
Awesome news about your new R9. 

Thanks for the report.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 09:02:59 AM »
Thanks for the report JMB109.  There is a small but very loyal following here, and much help available if needed.  As with Seecamp (I post there as well, as do others here), it is a “shoot a little, carry a lot” ammo sensitive tool. 
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 11:11:34 AM »
Recently purchased a LNIB Rohrbaugh R9 from Gunbroker and was able to take it to the range yesterday. I was very impressed with the little R9 on the range, it ran flawlessly and was very accurate for such a small pistol.

I ran several different brands and grain weights through the R9 and they all ran without a hitch. I used Gold Dot 124gr, HST 147gr, V-Crown 124gr, and Black Label Ammo Inc 115gr. I ran about a magazine of each, except for the Gold Dots, which I ran two magazines. I intend to carry the Gold Dots since they are recommended and seemed to have the least amount of recoil except for the Black Label.

I was a little concerned that I may have malfunctions with the R9, being a used firearm that I was buying from an online dealer. I just recently purchased a used Bond Arms Bullpup but had to send it back to Bond Arms due to multiple feed issues.

Very happy with the R9 and intend to carry it as my off-duty firearm.  It's a shame that they are not still manufactured. I'm also a huge Seecamp fan, I've carried a Seecamp 32 and 380 daily for approximately 15 years. It would be awesome to see Seecamp start producing the R9.

Welcome Aboard JMB!  Good folks all here!

I'm glad your R9 is performing well for you, good Sir. You seem to "Get It".

If you have a need for anything going forward, you're in the right place for support for your pistol.

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh

Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline JMB109

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 09:01:32 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I definitely love the R9, superb craftsmanship, solid little gun.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 05:19:28 PM »
PM's sent both ways. 
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.