Author Topic: Ammo choices for R9s?  (Read 2064 times)

Offline FALLEN77

Ammo choices for R9s?
« on: May 20, 2016, 01:45:52 PM »
Hi, I'm a proud new R9s stealth owner and new to this forum. I was lucky enough to find one of these on calguns.net last week for a very fair price considering people pay over $1000 for a Glock 43 out here. (I have one too but paid closer to $450) I have a couple day before I can pick up my new Rohrbaugh and the wait is killing me.

I purchased 2 50/rd boxes of Gold Dot 124gr for about $25/box because it is the recommended ammo for these guns. However, I have seen some ballistic testing on these vs other ammo in short barreled pocket pistols and it looks like there are a lot better performers than the Gold Dots in standard pressures. One of the best performers out of a 3" barrel was Federal HST. Does anybody out there have any feedback on alternative ammo to the gold dots that have proven to have equal or better reliability as well as better ballistic performance?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Ammo choices for R9s?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 09:16:01 AM »
Karl Rohrbaugh is a stalwart of Winchester Silvertips. Enjoy your new friend the R9. Should you have any questions, PM me through this forum and I will do my best to help. I am quite busy these days with my musical arts, so bare with me if I don't respond quickly. I just returned from a trip to California to see my son who I have not seen in a number of years, so it was time. Getting back to normal here over the next few weeks and I hope to reengage here with you folks. I do have some new things to show and discuss, so "stay tuned" . . .  lol

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline FALLEN77

Re: Ammo choices for R9s?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 12:27:42 AM »
Thank you so much for your reply. An unexpected and welcome surprise to have you take notice of my question on the forum and offer your time. I will certainly be in touch, I finally picked up my R9s stealth after my 10 day wait but had to jump on a plane for a work trip before I had a chance to really enjoy it. Even thought it hasn't been used before and it's tempting to just keep it in like new condition, I have considered the R9 to be my ideal carry choice ever since I first heard of Rohrbaugh so its going to be my new edc. I'm looking forward to what you have coming up.