Author Topic: Laugo Arms  (Read 31286 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Laugo Arms
« on: January 26, 2020, 06:59:03 PM »
Here is one new pistol from SHOT that has a lot of unique features including an alien price:

http://www.laugoarms.com/alien.html

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Laugo Arms
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 07:05:41 PM »
Gas Piston, low bore axis, fixed barrel.  Sounds like the H&K P7, but with a higher capacity and the ability to add a optic.

Nice looking gun, would like to shoot one and get some reviews from actual purchasers before further consideration.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 07:36:01 PM »
I would also be concerned about warranty work and service with a new gun from Czechoslovakia.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 08:56:27 PM »
We've had such outstanding performance with everything that we have come across from there I would not think it much of an issue.  Between herself and I we must have close to 20+ CZ firearms.  They do know how to make a quality firearm.  Plus the importer will not promote/carry them long if a $5K pistol has quality issues. 

That being said errrrr, written, I have heard the new Colt Pythons had quality and performance issues at range day during the SHOT show.  (WTF is wrong with the folks at Colt these days???)

Finally got to handle one of the FK BRNO Field Pistols last week.  That is another fine piece of Czech craftsmanship.  I would like to try one out on the range, but really have no desire to own one.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 10:32:36 PM »
The quality of Czechoslovakian guns is not an issue. As with any new firearm there will be be warranty work. I would like to see their CONUS network of repair facilities before I dipped my toe into this one, as good as it looks. The perfect gun hasn't been built yet, especially in its beginning.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 09:04:21 AM »
I talked to the Importer and any warranty work or parts will be done at their shop in PA.

There are only about 500 of these guns out in the European market now.  The 500 in this series are in production now and all or most of the parts are on hand.  They are just awaiting final assembly and accessories.  Importation paperwork is complete and they are not expecting any troubles clearing our border.

They expect to be sold out by the end of this week.

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
Laugo Arms
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 09:21:59 AM »
Reminds me of the Russian PL-15 and the Arsenal Strike One.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 02:34:36 PM »
It does have a similar look to those two but appears to be more refined and upscale, especially in price. Maybe it will be worth the money; who knows yet?

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 12:25:43 PM »

Well tracker, I see the importer finally sold the 500 gun run out in the last week.

I ordered one, I hope to see it in the next month or so.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 03:57:03 PM »
It looks like a rather seriously engineered pistol. I'm liking what I see here.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 07:51:23 PM »
It is certainly a unique design and has received a lot of good press.

I exchanged emails with Larry Vickers who does a lot of down to earth type  reviews and videos and he was very impressed and was definitely going to buy one.  Besides the  design he thought the workmanship and machining was as good as he has ever seen in a firearm.

One thing that really impressed him was the removable top straps with different sites and optics.  He was shooting one Alien with the optic for group.  They took the top strap and optic off and told him to pick one of the other Aliens on the table.  He did and they put the optic and top strap on a different pistol and he shot for group again and the POA was less than an inch different.  The quality from gun to gun was amazing to him.

Looking forward to shooting it.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 09:58:55 PM »
If you guys get a chance take a look at the German Geiger GRP Roller Delayed Blowback Pistol and post your thoughts.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 09:46:20 AM »
I know nothing about them.  In fact, I have never actually known how the roller blowback system works until now.

I would like to see a review with some test firings and I did not find any.

Here is a really neat video showing how the Korth pistol works with a similar system.

https://www.guns.com/news/2013/12/27/meet-korth-prs-roller-delayed-blowback-1911-masterpiece-video

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2020, 01:21:07 PM »
Here is another YouTube on the Korth PRS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ZdYUPtp7g

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 02:19:17 PM »

Good video on the Korth.  Gun Jesus does a good job.

I see that gun was used and sold for $5700+.  I can't find any on line for sale to get a price.  If you read the Rock Island description I see that two springs and several buffers are included for different ammo.  That was/is the problem with the HK rifles that are roller delayed blowback,  they were ammo sensitive.