Author Topic: Feeling Naked  (Read 4787 times)

Offline Verdugoman

• The Constitution, Words to live by!
Feeling Naked
« on: March 10, 2020, 03:41:04 PM »
   I had to send my RS9 to Williams Gun Sight for repairs. I was at the range last week and on the second mag the RS9 malfunctioned.
 When I got home and took it apart ,I found that the inner spring sleeve flange had broken and the outer spring had slid past. Alex at Williams said it would be about three weeks before he can fix it, so I am feeling kind of naked right now. :(

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Feeling Naked
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 05:12:01 PM »
Sad news!  My Covert ate the slide pin and irreparably damaged the rails....been hoping to find a stripped frame, but so far no luck.  Fortunately I have a spare R9.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 05:36:51 PM »
Sad news!  My Covert ate the slide pin and irreparably damaged the rails....been hoping to find a stripped frame, but so far no luck.  Fortunately I have a spare R9.

There was a cracked slide R9 that went for cheap a while ago on Gunbroker.  That’s what I would be on the lookout for. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 06:49:26 PM »
True Phil. If anybody needs such things as frames, you'd be wise to follow Gunbroker and Guns America for worn R9s for hard to get parts.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.