Author Topic: Magazine Article #1 ~ American Handgunner - Sept. 2004  (Read 5380 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Magazine Article #1 ~ American Handgunner - Sept. 2004
« on: June 19, 2015, 01:20:10 PM »
Well folks. . . . I think I managed to figure it out. While I can not post the articles here due to the size of the files, I can upload my magazine scans to Flickr (Yahoo) and post the link here.
Better than nothing I suppose, so here it is. . . . . .

The first in a series of magazine articles on The Rohrbaugh Firearms Corp. R9 Series Pistols.

Follow the link here:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/133408092@N03/39v1zP

Enjoy!

Regards,

Eric R.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 01:24:06 PM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Magazine Article #1 ~ American Handgunner - Sept. 2004
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 01:35:39 PM »
For the record, a little story here: 

Yes, that is our mother there shooting the first R9 with sights at a local outdoor range. She stopped by pulling up in her little Volkswagen Jetta Sedan , knowing we were testing it that day and that we had the range all to ourselves and asked if she could shoot it. Yes, she held a New York State Pistol License at the time. We put in one round at the line, she picked it up and aimed downrange and fires it:  "Pop . . . . click. . . . click". She looks at us and says: "Hey!. . . I didn't come her to look at it, I want to shoot it!"   Ok, Ok Mom. . . . hold on a minute! We filled the magazine with 6 rounds and she pops them off: "Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop". . . . . Puts the gun down on the table after removing the magazine and says: "Very nice boys. Are you coming home for dinner tonight? I have meatloaf, creamed spinach and some mashed potatoes and gray." . . . . . Uh, yeah. . . . We'll be there "Mah".

Gotta love that little gal. . . . . . The Rohrbaugh Matriarch! 

I will try to add these little behind the scenes stories so you have a nice understanding of how things were at our little family shop.

I hope you enjoy these.

Regards,

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 03:24:09 PM »
Perfect.  Looks good, Eric!

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 03:45:20 PM »
Thanks Duane.

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 06:48:56 PM »
Priceless!  ;D what a mom!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 08:14:58 PM »
Thank you, Eric!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 08:33:14 PM »
Really neat article to read...man so bittersweet to own, but know that the production has ended and the factory is no longer... :-\ 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 03:57:06 PM »
Don’t fret none . . . . . . It’s not too bad really. Think of your real Rohrbaugh R9 as if it was a Ferrari. . . .like when Enzo was in charge! He has gone to his designing and driving Heaven now and the Enzo Ferraris are looked upon as the real deal and are coveted. . . . . Perhaps the same is going to be true with our R9. . . . . . Just a thought anyway.   

Offline pjames32

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 08:15:48 PM »
Flickr appears to be "down". Guess we can try later.
pjames32

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 02:46:13 PM »
I just checked it now James and it's up again.

Enjoy the read.  ;)

Eric R.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 05:27:01 PM »
Don’t fret none . . . . . . It’s not too bad really. Think of your real Rohrbaugh R9 as if it was a Ferrari. . . .like when Enzo was in charge! He has gone to his designing and driving Heaven now and the Enzo Ferraris are looked upon as the real deal and are coveted. . . . . Perhaps the same is going to be true with our R9. . . . . . Just a thought anyway.

And the Choir said, "Amen!"  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 08:11:09 AM »
Thank you Richard. . . . However, Karl & I are not dead yet.  :-\   lol.   ;D