Administration > Forum News and Feedback

Future of the Forum

<< < (3/8) > >>

MikeInTexas:
Duanne, I appreciate your letting us into your house.  This forum is one of the few I have any interest in due to drama and content.  Feel it's populated by adults as opposed to some others that are popular.

If the future less than bright for us here, is it possible to migrate it to another forum?  IIRC you are a major player in another specific firearm forum, could this become a part of that and lessen the work and financial load?

Your work and dedication is appreciated.

Let us know what we can do to help.

wildmanwill:
I have always enjoyed this forum and continue to visit it almost daily.  I would like to see it continue (and the past posts and knowledge therein contained preserved), so having said that count me amongst those who wold be willing to contribute both time and funds to see it continue. 

DDGator:
Thanks, all for the kind words.  This has been a labor of love, and I am proud of all it has been over the years.

Like you all, I would hate to see the knowledge here lost.  I don't know if there is a way to make it available and host it in a read-only format as a potential option?

My time commitment is not a huge deal, although it is a factor.  The board doesn't take much moderation any more--certainly not like it used to.  ;D.  However, there is also the required time and attention of my lifelong friend, Tech Guy, who continues to be indispensable to me, but who never even owned an R-9.  I have to lean on him for all the technical aspects and hosting.  The forum software is pretty robust, but does not run without some attention.

I don't have a relationship with any other board Admins at this point.  I don't know if "combining" our data would be possible -- probably only if they run the same forum software.

I will talk with Tech Guy to get his feelings.  He is more indispensable to the forum than I am.   ;)

This is not really about money.  I paid the out of pocket hosting costs through 2021 from contributions here.  The forum can certainly keep running until that time, barring any unforeseen technical issues.  I'm just wondering what happens then?

Griff:
I also would like to add my thanks for your work and dedication.

Thank you,  Sir Duane!

I wonder if there might be an opportunity to continue/expand the forum by adding another complimentary interest?

Something that rhymes with Rohrbaugh?  ;^)

Griff

backupr9:
Rombauer???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version