Author Topic: Excellent interview IMO with Massad about all things gun battle  (Read 6824 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
i really liked this because the interviewer asked the really difficult questions and Massab answered them with an authoritative and confident poise that was born from knowing his stuff more than anyone else at the time IMO.

A lot of things I have picked up over the years were verified. Some were debunked.

This is an old school interview that makes it particularly good to me. It was before he had said the same thing over and over so many times he was a machine. This was the young Maas whose intellect shined through a vocabulary the size of a medical dictionary.

There is also a weariness in his eyes from what I guess is from untold hours training and writing on the subject that later took him to the top of his ranks as an instructor, writer and witness in his field.

I imagine someone will come up with "the Massab ayoob garbage" statement, but the things he was saying with authority 25 years ago on video are not debunked 25 years later. In fact on the contrary they are somewhat the staple of what we typically deem as relevant.

One statement about .40 and 10mm is quite interesting. It was brand new when this was made.

Well if you are serious about self defense and sidearm protection you owe it to yourself to check this out and at least see if it holds anything for you.

I found it riveting personally. It's hard to gain access to this type of candid experience in today's politically correct world.

Just watch it 👍

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=18rqeJ2ClyU
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 01:51:39 AM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline T-Man

• Sharpshooter
Re: Excellent interview IMO with Massad about all things gun battle
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 12:40:14 PM »
That was excellent! I've always had a lot of respect for Mas and trusted what he has to say.
Ted

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 05:14:17 PM »
That was excellent! I've always had a lot of respect for Mas and trusted what he has to say.

Ditto. I watched all 8 parts in rapid succession. This seems to be the info everyone is asking and wondering without an authority to go to to get it. I'm not even sure he would be so forthright with his answers today for whatever reason.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 08:27:34 PM »
I only got up to part 4 and had to run out for the day. I'll follow up later on. I agree. . . . . a good interview. We arranged for Massad to stop out on the Island at a local outdoor range a number of years ago to try the Rohrbaugh R9 pistol. He liked it. I have some photographs of that day somewhere. I'll post those once they turn up as I continue to go through my old computers. Nice man he is.

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 09:41:39 PM »
I only got up to part 4 and had to run out for the day. I'll follow up later on. I agree. . . . . a good interview. We arranged for Massad to stop out on the Island at a local outdoor range a number of years ago to try the Rohrbaugh R9 pistol. He liked it. I have some photographs of that day somewhere. I'll post those once they turn up as I continue to go through my old computers. Nice man he is.

Eric R.

Wow. I didn't realize that. He seams to be the real deal IMO.

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 10:47:57 PM »

Mas is a friend, and I have been through MAG-40 and MAG-80.  It was some of the best training I have ever had.  Mas is definitely the real deal.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 08:51:08 AM »
I finally got all 8 segments watched.  There was nothing very new, but it is always good to review good advice.

What I like about Ayoob is that everything he says is common sense and backed up with REAL facts and not just opinion.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 11:02:32 AM »
I agree Duane. . . . . . Massad is the real deal. 
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 04:06:27 PM »
I met Mas,I guess it's been 20 years now,at a get together when we were pushing shall issue for Michigan. What a nice guy he was,very knowledgable and straight forward!

I always wanted to take classes with him but never got around to it,then my health didn't allow it after that.

I would gladly go out of my way to listen to him again!!
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 05:22:07 PM »
I enjoyed the whole series and learned a few things.  I am trading in my Mossberg 500 12 gauge for a 20 gauge bedside shotgun...Mas was right on in that to shoot the 12 correctly and with enough balance to get off more than one shot, especially around a corner would be very difficult for me now.  I need also to practice more offhand...I knew that but the arthritic wrist and hand have made such practice a painful chore.  His take on the "best caliber" is right on..."it depends"...
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 05:32:07 PM »

I prefer a 20 ga. also; it packs plenty of power and much more controllable under stress and dark conditions.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 08:24:41 AM »
A 20-gauge makes sense, but I just can't seem to change out this blaster as a bedside companion:
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 11:02:28 AM »
One has to go with what he has on hand but it is hard to imagine going through all of those loaded shells plus the six on the side in one session. That would be a very bad evening at Critter Creek to have to expend all of that ordnance. On the other hand it is better to have too much firepower than too little.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:04:12 AM by tracker »

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 06:03:37 PM »
Richard, if you take down one whole wall at Critter Creek, will the roof fall in?   ;D ;D ; ::)
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 10:48:39 PM »
Yes, those are slugs in the sidesaddle, but the tube is filled with mere 00 Buck.   8) 

_____

Also, I stopped loading the blaster with 3" Magnum shells.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:50:54 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"