Author Topic: WTB: Farmie  (Read 12452 times)

Offline Griff

• Expert
Re: WTB: Farmie
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 12:06:48 AM »
Eric,
 when you get down here to 'Bama, make sure you visit the Barber Motorsports museum.
It is near Birmingham, and is the Gugenheim of motorcycle museums.
Keep the round side down.
griff
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2015, 07:14:51 AM »
That is exactly where were are riding to for a two day visit while on our club run. I'm leaving April 10th for a leisurely ride solo down to The Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge and Resort in Stecoah, North Carolina. I'll be meeting up with about 14 of my fellow Long Island BMW Riders Club members for local rides there, but yes, "The Barber" in Leeds, Alabama is one of our destinations on this tour for us. Thanks for the heads up on it. Not ashamed, I have attached a photograph of me with my current steed one foggy morning at the Fire Island, NY lighthouse / water tower.

(Thread-Hi-Jacked for a moment ~ Sorry)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2015, 10:02:53 PM »
ERIC YOU NEED TO GO TO  wheels through time....i want to go there so bad.....i have been riding since i was 4..so 38 years....lol

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 10:46:03 PM »
I have heard about that shop also. Another one on my bucket list. Keeps me riding!
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2015, 12:13:26 AM »
eric i dont know how close maggie valley nc is to where you are going....but that is where wheels through time is at....anyway safe travels and watch out for the "cages"

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2015, 06:55:16 AM »
Just checked the maps and Wheels through Time is pretty close to Stecoah, NC where our headquarters for this tour resides. I may make the time to visit it as I'll be breaking away from the rest of the club members anyway after the main part of our ride and will be going solo to meet up with RichardS from the forum after ten years of just over the phone and eMail conversations. He and his wife are on my "Bucket List" of people I must meet in my lifetime.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2015, 09:01:18 PM »
Just checked the maps and Wheels through Time is pretty close to Stecoah, NC where our headquarters for this tour resides. I may make the time to visit it as I'll be breaking away from the rest of the club members anyway after the main part of our ride and will be going solo to meet up with RichardS from the forum after ten years of just over the phone and eMail conversations. He and his wife are on my "Bucket List" of people I must meet in my lifetime.

Your room is ready and waiting at Critter Creek, Eric. Lord, I'll even move the Cadillac out of the car port to make room for your bike.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2015, 08:38:14 AM »
We spend alot of time in Waynesville. The Maggie Valley -Waynesville area is really nice.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2015, 08:50:02 PM »
FYI there is a farmie on GB right now for under $1400.

Real nice piece. It does have a few very minor blemishes and says its unfired. Looking at the slide rails it appears that it is. It's in TN.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2015, 09:08:57 PM »
FYI there is a farmie on GB right now for under $1400.

Real nice piece. It does have a few very minor blemishes and says its unfired. Looking at the slide rails it appears that it is. It's in TN.

It looks as though it's the one that was recently listed on here in the classified section.# 541
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)