Author Topic: Another small gun :)  (Read 12204 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Another small gun :)
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2004, 10:27:03 PM »
Great photos, guys!  It makes me want to charge up my digital camera and try to post a photo of my MR DE .50 AE.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2004, 10:28:07 PM »
Hey! With that post, I just got promoted to full member.  Thanks, DDGator!

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2004, 01:35:12 AM »
50 posts makes you a "full member" -- thanks for all your input to the board!

;D
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Datan

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2004, 07:24:13 PM »
Bandit - sorry.. have been away for a bit and have missed this forum!  The Serbu SS is a class 3 AOW ($5 tax stamp).  You have to apply for transfer using an ATF-4 form, get it signed by your local law enforcement, and then send it off to the federal government, along with fingerprint cards and pictures, for a background check.  Assuming that your state allows these type of weapons, you haven't been convicted of a felony or for domestic violence, and that your local law enforcement supports private citizens owning these weapons (they can make it difficult if they want to), you are looking at between 4 to 12 months to receive your paperwork back.  Only then can you put your hands on the weapon.  It took me 7 months to get this one.  I ordered it through a local shop that is licensed to receive class 3 firearms.  They placed the order and received it in about 2 months.  It sat in their safe while my paperwork was being processed.  This is my second class 3 firearm.  My first, a Ruger MKII with integral Gemtech suppressor, took almost a year to complete transfer.

Offline Datan

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2004, 08:19:10 PM »
Here is a link to the form ATF form 4:
http://www.atf.gov/forms/pdfs/f53204.pdf

The rules for filling out a form 1, 3 or 4, to get approval to transfer an NFA firearm:
§179.85 Identification of transferee.
If the transferee is an individual, such person shall securely attach to each copy of the application, Form 4 (Firearms), in the space provided on the form, a photograph of the applicant 2 x 2 inches in size, clearly showing a full front view of the features of the applicant with head bare, with the distance from the top of the head to the point of the chin approximately 1¼ inches, and which shall have been taken within 1 year prior to the date of the application. The transferee shall attach two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card) to the application. The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and should be taken by someone properly equipped to take them. A certificate of the local chief of police, sheriff of the county, head of the State police, State or local district attorney or prosecutor, or such other person whose certificate may in a particular case be acceptable to the Director, shall be completed on each copy of the Form 4 (Firearms). The certificate shall state that the certifying official is satisfied that the fingerprints and photograph accompanying the application are those of the applicant and that the certifying official has no information indicating that the receipt or possession of the firearm would place the transferee in violation of State or local law or that the transferee will use the firearm for other than lawful purposes.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2004, 09:49:32 PM »
Duane (DDGator):

Thank you for the kind remarks.  As we say here in what we locals refer to as "God's Country" . . . "I'm proud to know you and proud to  be here."

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline WERA49

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2004, 04:58:34 PM »
Since this topic is about "small guns", I thought that I'd post mine.  :)

Rob
WERA49
NRA Life Member
http://www.AR-50.com

Offline WERA49

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2004, 10:15:41 PM »
Datan, thanks for the cool picture.  I've checked into NFA firearms.  From what I hear, the CLEO's of this county won't allow them.   ???

I do have a question for you.  If I can't get the signatures that I need, am I able to get my money back?  Or, do I have to sell it myself through the dealer that is keeping it for me?

Thanks for the information.   :)
Rob
WERA49
NRA Life Member
http://www.AR-50.com

Offline Datan

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2004, 12:17:30 AM »
WERA49,
That depends on your dealer.  The one I ordered mine through has a policy that if you are rejected, you are out just their "application and paperwork" fee of $125.  They refund the cost of the firearm.  Here is the link.. there may be some documentation on their policies for reference:  http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/classiii/overview.php

The other option is to form your own corporation and then buy the class III firearm under your corporation’s name - you do not need a local LE signature in this case and can get around the problem you face.

BTW, I really did mean "another small gun" when I started this thread.  This is the smallest pump 12 gauge that I know of...  I know it's not smaller than many other guns, but for a 72 cal, it's pretty small...  but I like big guns too so I'm happy to see what others have.  I have eyed the Serbu 50 cal but haven't been able to convince myself that I "need" it yet (like I need a concealable 12 gauge).  Cool gun you've got there!

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2004, 03:01:29 AM »
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.