Author Topic: Seecamp grips  (Read 15654 times)

Offline justin2992

• Expert
Seecamp grips
« on: September 04, 2004, 11:31:13 PM »
Does anyone know where to get aftermarket grips for the LWS 32?  Mother of pearl would be nice.  Please let me know.
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline Meggacatz

• Proud Daddy!!!
Re: Seecamp grips
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 05:58:54 PM »
These are quality grips but they are usually not the cheapest. You get what ya' pay for. Hope it helps.

http://www.eaglegrips.com/smallgrips.htm
Keep watching, I'm bound to do something stupid again.
R9 #11x

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 08:39:09 PM »
Justin:

Eagle grips are good.  Another good supplier of custom-made after-market grips is Ajax Custom Grips in Dallas, Texas.  My wife now carries the LWS .32 I used to own.  It is adorned with some old ivory grips made by Ajax.  

Mother-of-pearl grips, like ivory, may split apart from the recoil forces of the Seecamp.  Although only .32 ACP caliber, the Seecamp is a straight-blow-back design.  The recoil force places a significant amount of stress on the grip panels.  If you get some custom grips on your Seecamp, you may want to change over to the factory grips for range sessions.  In the event that, God forbid, you ever have to use the weapon in self-defense, the durability of the grips will be one of your least concerns.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline pocketman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 05:14:15 PM »
How do you guy's like the little seecamp 32?

I had 2 for years it an amazing little gun. I got the 380 version a while back and love it.  The Fed HS 90g look HUGE going into the magazine!  :o

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 12:10:40 PM »
I ordered a set of imitation mother of pearl grips for my Seecamp .32 from Eagle Grips.  I'm pretty unsatisfied with the quality of craftsmanship.  The left grip panel does not fit flush because the cutout was filled in with some kind of ugly filler.  It looks like a mixture of sand and epoxy.  I'm assuming that they over cut it and were attempting to take up the extra space.  It looks amazingly unprofessional.  I even sent them my own gun to make sure they fitted them correctly.  I pretty much wouldn't recommend this outfit for your custom grip needs.

The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 12:43:10 PM »
That's too bad they turned out that way for you.  I've had nothing but excellent results with each set of grips I've ordered from Eagle Grips and would buy/order from them again without any hesitation.  
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 02:44:53 PM »
I got a voicemail from Bill @ Eagle Grips today indicating that they received my returned grips and they were very disappointed in what they saw.  He said a new guy there had done the work and obviously wasn't supervised enough.  The company is very embarrassed and is giving me a full refund.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Seecamp grips
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2004, 03:37:47 PM »
>>Why can't they just come out and say..."WE screwed up"!  Isn't it so common to blame it on the new guy!!  I hope they give you a new set of grips in addition to your full refund.  I wonder if somebody didn't point them to this Rohrbaugh thread...?...LOL...!  Best of luck to you in finding the right grips for your Seecamp.  I would like to own a .380 one of these days...TW<<
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 03:40:43 PM by TW »