Author Topic: What is your EDC?  (Read 6094 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
What is your EDC?
« on: June 12, 2004, 05:13:24 PM »
I see these threads all the time on other forums... but I am wondering what the people here carry.

My daily carry (give or take an item or two as needed):

S&W 342 or KT P-3AT in a leather (K&D) Pocket Holster
1 reload (speedstrip or mag) for above firearm
William Henry Monarch gentleman's folder in carbon fiber
LED keychain light
Surefire E1e (when going out at night)
Blackberry 7230 (phone/PDA)

Plus the usual watch, wallet, keys stuff.

In a short time, I will add my R-9 to this list, in place of one of the other choices.  I only carry one gun at a time.

I know this list is dwarfed by what some people carry -- what about you guys?
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
Re: What is your EDC?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 07:17:37 PM »
Right now, it depends upon how I am dressed.  In most cases, I am in business casual attire.  So, carry options are limited.  That means my P-3AT is carried in a front pocket holster with an additional magazine in the other pocket.

If I am dressed with a casual shirt untucked, or a coat/jacket -- and can easily conceal a paddle rig, I usually have an HK P7 on the right side and a combo mag/surfire holder on the other side.  The P-3AT is carried in the manner described above as a BUG.

When my R9s arrives, it will most likely replace the P-3AT.
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline Texas_Bob

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 09:18:23 PM »
At work,around the warehouse, Royal Robins pants and 511  shirt,have to take off and put on several coats depending upon which cooler/freezer I'm going to be spending time in, or on the receiving dock open to the elements. Right front pocket, Kahr P9, right thigh pocket, surefire 6Z, right rear pocket, spiderco werner and hankerchief. Now for the left side; left thigh pocket, R9s and Fox Labs OC, left front pocket, keys and change, left rear, wallet. My cell phone is in my right shirt pocket accessable by either hand. After work I change into jeans around the house and slide my R9S into the right front pocket. If going out, I change into Dockers, and ccw the R9S as a BUG in the pocket and wear one of my P7M8's IWB using a CCC vest as cover. The CCC vest always allows enough pockets for spare mag, flashlight, cell phone, OC spray and Decom wipes. No I'm not LE, but I hang with, and shoot with several.

Offline norfdet893

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 11:06:09 PM »
My daily work carry is a Smith and Wesson 5946 in a Bianchi pancake holster and a Galco paddle holster with an extra mag and flashlight, in my left front pocket is a P3AT in a modified Uncle Mike's #1 pocket holster with an extra magazine. I also carry a Protec Godfather auto opener. When I am off the P3AT is still riding as a BUG but I usually have a Glock 32 (.357sig) or my Kel-Tec P40.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 11:27:30 PM »
Duane ... ol' faithful question eh!?? :)

Well - this is seasonal to a degree.  I used to carry either my P95 or M85 snub ... but when I got a superb Hi-ride, belt slide rig from Jim Burke (sadly now he is gone) .. at the Dallas gun show last year ... I found that the snub was just too comfortable to want to carry anything bigger.

Now - the M85 is retired and I have my SP-101 .... with Cor-Bon loads.  When I add a BUG it is usually (was) ... P3-AT On ankle or pocket.  Now the R9 has its place and KT is back in the safe usually.  I tend in hotter weather as now, to have no shirt but just a Smith and Alexander vest on top of T-shirt . and left pocket holds my one Safariland Comp 1 speedloader.

Other items .. apart from usual wallet and keys .... Buck Mayo TNT folder.  Constant companion right pocket.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 12:48:10 AM »
A Glock 36. A NAA Guardian 380 (which the Rohrbaugh will replace as my always gun), and a Mickey Yurco push knife. Sometimes a Guardian 32 or a pre-CNC machining Seecamp 32.

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 11:32:35 AM »
Colt Commander .45 that's been fairly highly customized.  Sometimes a SIG P239 9mm.

When I need to keep a lower profile and pocket carry, it's either my S&W 340PD snubbie, or my Kel-Tec P-3AT.  Both of these will likely be supplanted by the R9s once I get it and "certify" it reliability-wise. :)
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline Datan

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 06:16:02 PM »
Kahr K9 in a Kydex IWB holster + extra mag was my daily carry.  This replaced a G26 (also in Kydex) ~1 year ago.  The Kahr has now been replaced by the R9S.  The R9S is in a DeSantis Nemisis holster.  Looking at different holsters as the R9 in the Nemisis holster prints like a gun in some pants.

Offline michael_t

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 04:32:44 PM »
Warm weather a my PPK/S with 1 spare mag. Jacket weather a Combat Commander IWB  with 1 spare mag and if Iam headed for the city my Mustang in pocket. I have a Firestar 40cal on lay a way Don t know were will fit in as far as a carry gun.
1941 Colt USGI
1972 Colt Combat Commander
1995 Colt Combat Commander
1990 Colt Mustang
PPK/S
Bersa Thunder

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 10:50:18 PM »
O.k., as they say on THR -- "This thread is useless without pictures!"  Finally got around to taking one...

My current (pre-R-9s) EDC:

Starting at the upper left, counter-clockwise:

*P-3AT (one of the first 50 released to public) in one of the first "production" K&D Pocket Defenders -- a test mule that has been rode hard and put away wet, but I have carried a P-32 and later P-3AT for years.
*Bianchi speed strip with leather case
*Surefire E-1 Hard Annodized
*Kershaw Chive (so the WH doesnt get scratched!)
*P-3AT spare mag
*Blackberry 7230 (PDA and Phone)
*S&W 342 with Hogue grips and K&D Pocket Defender
*Car keys with a mini-LED light

Anybody else got pics?
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline saltydog452

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 12:57:38 PM »
R9SCarry,

You mentioned the 'Dallas Gun Show' in a previous post.  Are you located in the DFW area?

Offline saltydog452

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2004, 01:07:58 PM »
Since I don't have a R-9 as yet,  I haven't found anything that approaches the comprimise of comfort, power, accessability,and concealment of an Airweight Bodyguard with Birami Hip-Grips.

In cooler weather, a Kahr takes the place of the revolver.

A naa Guardian is in the off-side hip pocket.

Two Bianchi speed strips fit nicely in an Altoids can thats usually in my shirt pocket.

salty

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 01:35:41 AM »
Don't tell my Chiropractor!   ::)

Two pens and note pad in left shirt pocket with cash and cards and glasses and Executive "pen knife".  

Loose change in top right shirt pocket.

Belt: Palm PDA, Phone, Keys, Car Remote and LED, small business card holder bag with meds in outside pocket.

Right Front; (when in woods, etc.) when showing acreage properties.  Keltec .357 with 21 rounds in pistol and extra mag - in Nemisis pocket holster.  Otherwise, usually my Cannon Digital camera and extra cards and batteries.

Left Front; Scorpion 6v light, CyberChamp Victorinox, small lighter, small SuperGlue, small bottle of 99% Isopropal, pocket toothbrush, small tooth paste, bianca - I live on the road.  ;D

Left rear; extra large bandana and flat hair brush.

Right rear; Xlarge Voyager by Cold Steel and flattened roll of 6mil x 2" FrostKing clear storm-window sealer tape, flattened roll of orange and same of pink survey tape.

Left sock; leather card holder for extra cards.  This is left over from the only place we were allowed to carry a wallet in the Coast Guard.  

The reason I carry so little in my pockets  ::) is because my business bag is always with me and it has about 20 pounds of stuff; laptop, printer, extra 6 hour battery, files, tools of many kinds, full office supply compliment, extra Scorpion and MUCH more.  

And, the reason I carry so little with me in pockets and bag is because my auto trunk is fully stocke with a couple hundred pounds of Just-In-Case... of anything.   ;D

« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 02:01:27 AM by Mr_Jody_Hudson »
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline gunner930

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2004, 02:43:52 AM »
 left front: old timer knife, wallet, keys. right front: R9s and a wooden pill box with meds. The R9s replaced a N.A.A. 22mag I had just purchased a week before the R9s. Usually I wear cargo jeans and the 22mag now goes in the right leg pocket and the R9's extra clip in the left leg pocket. I've been washing and drying my pants with the pockets inside-out to keep lint down until I get an order in to Mr Hedley.