Author Topic: Traction Grips  (Read 15496 times)

Offline Ljutic

• Master
Traction Grips
« on: January 08, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »
I finally got around to posting my thoughts on Traction Grips and how I use it on my R9.  I really like this stuff. 

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2012/01/add-on-grips-for-pocket-pistols.html
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Traction Grips
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 03:34:10 PM »

It looks like an excellent product and thanks for the link. I plan to order some.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 10:48:14 AM »
Thanks Ljutic.  I just placed an order.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »
I finally got around to posting my thoughts on Traction Grips and how I use it on my R9.  I really like this stuff. 

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2012/01/add-on-grips-for-pocket-pistols.html

Thanks for the link.  Belonging to this forum can be expensive. Of course I'll have to buy some of these to try. I cut my own out of traction tape now. :)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 11:24:01 AM »
Jack is right....expensive indeed...lot's of bad influence out there  :)  ....Is there a term for those like me who just cannot help ourselves? 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 11:25:27 AM »
Jack is right....expensive indeed...lot's of bad influence out there  :)  ....Is there a term for those like me who just cannot help ourselves?

Sick :D
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 01:08:15 PM »

Sickitis; holsters, Rohrbaughs, Seecamps, Boberg, Rugers, S&W's, Glocks, ammo, Blue Carbon Fiber grips, etc; all due to this Forum; I, however, do enjoy it.    ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:31:52 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 01:24:12 PM »

Sickitis; holsters, Rohrbaughs, Seecamps, Rugers, S&W's, Glocks, ammo, Blue Carbon Fiber grips, etc; all due to this Forum; I, however, do enjoy it.    ;D

I look forward to reading the posts everyday ;D........do wish I had more funds to increase my enjoyment though.... :(
NRA Life Member

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 01:52:55 PM »
It is kinda addictive; and enjoyment is the key; now waiting to see what the new edition looks like; a little thread drift here, sorry!    :(   
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dire_Straits

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »
Thanks for posting, I think I'll try this route vs. the Pachmyer grip sleeve I was going to try.

Has anyone ever had to remover tape like this before, does it leave sticky goo on your pistol grip?
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 02:27:05 PM »

I don't know about Traction Grips but the 3M tape doesn't leave any residue. If there were anything remaining I would think a mild fluid like denatured alcohol would take care of it.

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 01:04:30 PM »
Thanks for posting, I think I'll try this route vs. the Pachmyer grip sleeve I was going to try.

Has anyone ever had to remover tape like this before, does it leave sticky goo on your pistol grip?

Over the years, I've yet to find a better goo remover than Rem Oil.  The big obvious is you can only use it on stuff that won't be harmed by Rem Oil.  I've used Rem Oil to remove Permanent Sharpie from plastic to various goops and gunks from glass and metal.

Your results may vary.  Just wanted to pass my experience along.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline IDM

• Expert
  • What you can't see can hurt you!! Predator UAV
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 12:24:55 AM »
Called grip tape at ace hardwear for $2.00 a foot or something like that.
FYI
Bryce Proctor
Owner IDM llc
Predator and Predator B  Mfg. Engineer

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

Offline IDM

• Expert
  • What you can't see can hurt you!! Predator UAV
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 03:57:04 PM »

I just slipped one of these Pachmayr Tactical Grip Gloves on the R9 and it feels good; think I'll try it for awhile:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PACHMAYR-TACTICAL-GRIP-GLOVE-RUGER-LCP-KEL-TEC-P3AT-/330685981716?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D170724675161%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6308694963792480538#ht_649wt_936

Keep us up on what you think of it.
Im suprised ebay would even allow a plastic gun on therte site??
Think of what a better place it could be if they were pro guns!! Ill get off my soap box now. :P
Bryce Proctor
Owner IDM llc
Predator and Predator B  Mfg. Engineer