Author Topic: Another Custom R9s by Bob Cogan  (Read 23810 times)

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
Another Custom R9s by Bob Cogan
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:06:58 AM »
I posted this on John's magazine extension post, but thought I'd post it here as well. Another of Bob Cogan's creations ( http://apwcogan.com ) , and I have to say it's an absolute work of art! As I stated before, I had to incorporate ideas of Corey's gun into this one. The porting works better than advertised as well as the checkering on the front & back straps. The checkering on the trigger guard is a must for anyone who shoots that style.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/scar2783/Rohrbaugh%20R9/

Mark

Mark

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Another Custom R9s by Bob Cogan
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 09:54:18 AM »
Thanks for posting this, Mark.  I was getting ready to ask who did the work for you.  A work of art made even better.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 10:08:24 AM »
My pleasure and thankfully, others on this forum did as well, otherwise, I would have never known about Bob.

It was only $85 for the porting and if anyone is considering it, I believe the positives outweigh the negatives. Also, this type of porting works much better than the way Mag-n-port does theirs. I have an Officer's Model Mag-n-ported and I never really saw or felt a difference with it.

M
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 10:10:42 AM by scar2783 »
Mark

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 03:33:48 PM »
Scar:

That is one beautiful piece of work by Bob Cogan! He did the hard chrome plating on my favorite Colt 1911 .45 ACP and on my IMI MR DE .50 AE. The finish of each one is flawless. He and his shop produce some extraordinary work indeed.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 09:30:16 PM »
Looks real good!  I had to go check the safe and make sure mine was still there  ;D .  I like the guard checkering although I dont shoot that style.  Porting is not for everybody but I can say I LOVE mine.  I have several R9 pistols but the one I carry is my ported custom one.  Bob does fantastic work.

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 12:38:48 PM »
Thanks Corey. If it wasn't for you posting your photos, I wouldn't have known about Bob, so a big thanks to you! I can't say enough about how it came out. Perfection...

M
Mark

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 12:40:04 PM »
I have to agree Richard, the hard chrome is perfect on it. Rohrbaugh should contract him for their custom work!

M
Mark

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 02:05:44 PM »
Mark and very nice R9 indeed.
Thanks for the link!
Did you guys see the work on that Kel Tec?  
I want one, (thats the #0 in me), every Kel Tec I or my sons played with went bang when we pulled the trigger.  I wouldn't have a problem with one with sights like the ones Bob put on.

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 04:59:23 PM »
Thanks Dino. I did see that pistol. Beautiful as usual!

Mark
Mark

Offline cordy

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 12:16:37 AM »
How did you get the dots to stay on the sites, is there a dimple or just dotes of paint.  I can't get anything to stick to my black stealth so paint is out.
Jimbo

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 12:48:20 AM »
There is a hole milled or drilled into the back of the slide and into the front sight post, then filled with paint.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline cordy

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 09:32:41 AM »
Did he drill it in himself or have someone do it for him?  Is the front site done the same way?
Jimbo

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 10:23:17 AM »
cordy,
   The picture I posted is my pup, the front sight and back are done, Robar did mine before they put the NP3 finish on. The one Mark posted was done by Bob Cogan at Accurate Plating & Weaponry. You Do Not want to try it yourself the slides are hardened and you can make a real mess if you try a drill and standard drill bit.

John
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:28:19 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline cordy

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 11:31:36 AM »
No I'm not doing anything like that. I might consider sending it to someone who could put a dimple in the front site so I can see it better but I'll live with it before I mess up this Pup.
Jimbo

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 01:02:50 PM »
Good decision.  I don't know who I would recommend.  I like Robar and Bob Cogan.  I'm trying to decide.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln