Author Topic: My Attempt to contact Remington for help  (Read 14354 times)

Offline MaddogR9

My Attempt to contact Remington for help
« on: October 02, 2014, 12:11:52 PM »
In an effort to keep my fellow R9 owners in the loop I am passing on the following info. 

With the help of fellow forum member- Josh,  I sent the email below to Daniel Cox and Remington Customer service (the email that reach out to Josh Previously on his efforts) on Sept 20th.  I remain hopeful that they will help....feeling it would have been easy for them to simply say there is nothing they can do for me at this time...or they are working on the process and will get back to me.    I sent it on Sept 20th, immediately received a auto confirmation from customer service that I have also pasted below:

I AM HOPEFUL THEY ARE TRYING....and thought a little begging couldn't hurt!

Date: September 20, 2014 at 11:08:36 EDT
To: "Daniel.Cox@remington.com" <Daniel.Cox@remington.com>, "info@remington.com" <info@remington.com>
Subject: Need Assistance- Please HELP.

Mr. Cox,

I am writing to ask for your assistance as I have struck out everywhere else?......I am a proud owner and collector of all types of firearms; many antiques, as well as modern firearms, including products manufactured under The Freedom Group umbrella of company's.  I am in desperate need for a small part for my daily carry Rohrbaugh R9. I NEED A NEW MAG RELEASE, which I lost while changing out my grips and the main spring.  I realized Remington/Para USA / Freedom Group are working through the business related issues of reestablishing the Rohrbaugh warranty & service, but I don't need any service or warranty work...I just need this small part.....obviously I am more than willing to pay for your expedited effort....in fact I would like a spare mag release just to be safe.

I have the original pin that holds it in place under the main housing spring but if available I would like new pins as well. 

I realize that Remington does not yet have the Rohrbaugh product line up and running but it seems the ONLY spare parts, other that recoil spring, are in Remington Outdoors possession.  Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration.....

My best,

Matt
Missouri

THERE CONFIRMATION:

Date: September 20, 2014 at 11:09:15 EDT
Subject: Ticket 179608 has been created for you

Remington Support
Service Ticket: 179608 - Notification

We have received your E-Mail request about "Need Assistance- Please HELP."

Ticket: 179608 has been created and you should receive an initial response shortly.

Thank you and best regards,
Remington Customer Services

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:42:32 PM by MaddogR9 »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: My Attempt to contact Remington for help
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »

Let us know what happens.  For what it is worth, I understand Remington does have those parts in its possession.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MaddogR9

GOOD NEWS Re: My Attempt to contact Remington for help
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 12:16:09 PM »
GOOD NEWS.

Dan Cox contacted me this morning and they have signed a Parts, warranty agreement for the Rohrbaugh line. He said this was for at least the short term...(his words).Parts are being shipped this week.  He indicated they would not receive them for about a week.

I contacted the company......and after being passed around by several very nice people was put into contact with the man who signed the agreement.  They are not ready for us to contact them just yet.  He indicated he hoped it would take them about a month to get thru the parts and get setup. As I found out when I called his parts people, nor his gunsmiths, were aware of the new agreement. 

He asked if we could wait a few weeks and then contact them.  Base upon my conversations I think they will be good to work with..... He was not at a point to take names or talk about placing service orders.....they need some-time rather then bombarded with calls today. 

The contact info is
Williams Gun Sight inc
800-530-9028
PO Box 329 Davison MI 48423

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:18:45 PM by MaddogR9 »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 12:35:52 PM »

So this is a Michigan based gun shop that also appears to be the manufactuer for FireSights fiber optic sights.

Williams Service Department is currently a warranty repair center for Browning, Remington, U.S. Repeating Arms Company, Inc. and Weatherby.
Duane (DDGator)

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 01:10:26 PM »
That is great news and at least a sign of life for the pups in the pound.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:35:48 PM by tracker »

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 05:15:21 PM »
I'm confused….Are they going to do warranty work and parts sales, or what?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MaddogR9

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 06:03:49 PM »
Dan Cox's exact words were:

"We have recently just finalized an agreement with our of Remington’s Premier Warranty repair Centers to handle all Rohrbaugh Parts and Warranty work for us in the short term."  The format of the contact info is exactly as he emailed it to me.

When I called Williams Gun Sight personnels reflex was to talk about me sending the gun in for work even though they didn't know anything about Rohrbaugh.  When I spoke to the man who signed the agreement I asked him for just a part because that was my focus... He said once the parts come in and are inventoried they would begin setting up for service /warranty work. I tried to get an order for the part setup but he wasn't ready to even take a part order and asked me to call back in a few weeks to place the order.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:12:33 PM by MaddogR9 »

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 06:07:10 PM »
Thats clear…thanks!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 06:23:16 PM »
Sounds good for the guys needing warranty work and parts, but what about the future?

It certainly does not sound like Remington/Para has any intention of getting anything going in the near future as far as production.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 07:23:18 PM »
Maybe I'll get some reliable service out of my R9 by Christmas. I can live with that. 👍
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline margator

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 09:24:47 PM »
Sorry to be pessimistic but this is ridiculous. I don't blame the brothers for cashing in one bit BUT from a business standpoint this freedom or Remington group look like a binch of bumbling fools. I own Rohrbaughs because I like quality.....not interested in anything these guys are about to f$&@ up. It doesnt seem like they know a damn thing about the biz they bought!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 11:18:38 PM »

While I agree the delay continues to be ridiculous, the idea of setting up a third party to handle warranty claims is not at all unusual.  At least they are moving in the right direction, no matter how slowly...

Duane (DDGator)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 12:10:54 AM »
So it looks like Williams is the only spot for help?
Being in MI,I have heard good things about their gunsmithing. But I'm sure they do t know a Farmie from Deer Parker!

That's something they'll have to work on I'm sure. As far as ordering pup parts,your guess is good as mine?
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 09:27:37 AM »

I know a guy or two they could hire to bring their warranty department up to speed.   ;)
Duane (DDGator)

Offline 72AV8R

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 02:48:27 PM »
I think this is a very positive development.  For Remington to only cover warranties  and not produce new R9s would be a sure money loser. The only way that I see them making money on the purchase of Rohrbaugh is to start making products to sell and not just cover warranties on guns already sold. Maybe once they recover from the R51 mess they wil start making the "new" R9.....R as in Remington.