Author Topic: A couple of different types of ammo just for fun  (Read 6346 times)

Offline amcamx1969

A couple of different types of ammo just for fun
« on: October 03, 2019, 01:32:26 PM »
My R9 fires the 124 Gold Dot and 115 Silver Tip ammo just fine.  But I wanted to see how some of the Federal Syntech (coated bullets) would fire, just for fun and a leaning experience.
First I fired 6 rounds of Federal Syntech Action Pistol, 150 Grain at 15 feet (indoor range).  All rounds hit but all rounds "keyholed" into the target. No problems with feeding. (Note: this round shoot exceptionally well in a S&W Target Pistol with reduced recoil and excellent accuracy.)

Next I fired 5 rounds of Federal Syntech Range 124 Grain at 15 feet (indoor range).  All rounds hit and went straight and true into the target.  No problems feeding.
Since I did not encounter any feeding issue, I intend to purchase the Federal Syntech Personal Defense rounds (124 grain) and give them a try when I get a chance.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: A couple of different types of ammo just for fun
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 07:04:40 PM »
Nice write up and welcome to the forum amcamx1969.

I haven't used that ammunition and am interested in seeing how your pistol feeds and shoots the personal defense rounds.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 07:19:41 PM »
Yes, nice first writeup amcam and welcome to the forum.

You will find a wealth of knowledge here for anything Rohrbaugh R9 or R380.

We'll see you around the forum.

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 02:13:33 PM »
That's good to know. I've looked at the synthetic but hadn't considered it for the R9.
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)