Author Topic: Re: S&W Mod. 24-3 (.44 Spec)  (Read 5381 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: S&W Mod. 24-3 (.44 Spec)
« on: September 12, 2004, 10:38:50 PM »
Bob - awful tempted ..... trouble is I have plenty of 44 mag's and of course can thus use lower loads in .44spl category.

Tell ya what - let me PM you ....
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

BobJ

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 03:17:17 AM »
Chris,  I didn't know there was transfer from S&W forum  to Rohrbaugh.    [glb]Hold up on thinking about this S&W.[/glb]
I did that For Sale posting without giving much thought to the price.  Then, talked to a friend who said my price was way too low.  So, decided to withdraw it, or put hold on it.  But, someone had already posted an offer to buy.  I explained the situation to him, and he was understanding and said he still wants a chance to buy it when I determine the price.  But, other forum meisters thought I must be a real low life with no ethics for not honoring the offer.   So, I don't want to get into the same thing here.   I'm learning.
Bob

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 12:08:23 PM »
I hang out on the S&W forum too. Yes -- you got excoriated.

I was tempted to respond to you post here as well -- even though I am tapped out of gun money.  Your price was too low if the gun is in good conditon.

I recently sold a S&W that forum.  First I did a post asking people what they thought it was worth -- and priced it in the middle of the range.  Now might be too late for that over there....   ::)

Mistakes happen -- its no big deal so long as it is an innocent mistake.  Good luck with it!

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 01:40:53 PM »
Understood Bob .. no sweat.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

BobJ

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 05:48:04 PM »
I don't remember posting the Model 24-3 here.  When Chris replied, I thought it must have been transferred over from the S&W forum somehow.  Maybe I was thinking about the R9 and spaced out.     ???
When I arrive at a reasonable price for the 24-3, I will check first with the guy who made the offer on the S&W forum (he says he is still interested).  If he doesn't want it, I will check with Chris, then post it here.  Or, reopen this with modified info if that is possible.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 05:52:13 PM »
CDLube on S&W Forum is a regular and owns a lot of Smiths.  If you price it fairly, he will likely buy it.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com