Author Topic: How? Eric?  (Read 468 times)

Online ccoorreeyy

• Expert
How? Eric?
« on: February 08, 2024, 09:32:55 PM »
Wondering about how a U.S.A. marked slide is on serial number R1453 is being sold as Brand New?  Gun was listed tonight on GB.  My mind thinks it has to be a replacement slide?  Thoughts?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1035217423

Offline Wanderer

Re: How? Eric?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 09:45:09 PM »
I was curious about that too,  I did some looking and from a post I saw the gun smith that owned it was a friend of Karl's.    I was also curious about the 'fine tuned" springs   

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 10:29:28 PM »
Good evening gentlemen.  Interesting to see Terry's R9 here. Yes, Karl & Terry Tussy were good friends and communicated often with ideas. The newer slide on this R9 is due to some early slides developed a crack and those were replaced under warranty free of charge. Terry had an R9 for him and one for his wife. He did shoot them but not that much. He also maintained them properly.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Online ccoorreeyy

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 04:17:35 PM »
4hrs to go and at $1225!  I wonder if this gun would have reached that price if the sellers description would have been accurate and described the gun as used with a replaced slide.  As a buyer it would stink to think your buying a new R9, be excited about it, and then come here and read that it's not what you thought you bought.  Seller even posted "I Guarantee my Descriptions".  Makes me wonder how many guns I've bought over the years that had bad info in the descriptions.

Online ccoorreeyy

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 09:49:29 AM »
After that auction was over he posted up a early blue grip that has my attention!  Two early blues with no sites on gunbroker at the same time now!!!  7 Rohrbaughs on GB right now and all have carbon fiber grips!!!!