Author Topic: Kimber ultra ll cdp 3" 45 cal  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Amacro

Kimber ultra ll cdp 3" 45 cal
« on: April 25, 2010, 12:47:10 AM »
I've got one on layaway hope to pick up next month. In any event already thinking of some after work done I'm looking for any thoughts on the cylinder and slide SFS system?
Certainly looks and sounds like a great option for the 1911 platform
Thanks for your thoughts
Al :-/

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Kimber ultra ll cdp 3" 45 cal
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 01:21:23 AM »
I have an Ultra CDP II and love it, I read about the SFS system but have not done any research on it. I would like to see it installed and have some hands on before I bought it.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 07:10:15 AM »
Sounds like good advice.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Amacro

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 10:27:54 AM »
About 8 years ago I bought a CPD commander size kimber put a smith and alexander magwell on and an SFS system due to my lack of experience due to the fact I have a lot of FTE stovepipes etc I never had confidence in it so traded it off now in hindsite I'm sure I could have  had done some smithing and it would have been great but- anyway the SFS system never "seemed" to cause any problem but I also understand the concept of KISS  ;D
Thanks for your thoughts
Again appreciate being able to use the forum as a sounding board
Al

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 07:29:24 AM »
I have an Ultra CDP II and love it, I read about the SFS system but have not done any research on it. I would like to see it installed and have some hands on before I bought it.

John

John.  This Ultra CDP II would look mighty good Robar coated, not that it doesn't now, but in Robar, WOW!    :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:57:06 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yam476

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 06:59:25 PM »
I have a stainless/alloy frame Series 1 Kimber Ultra Carry, that I put the SFSS and a tritium fiber optic sight on. With the Cobra mag, it never did give me any problem. A 1911 with a decocker option, I love mine.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 01:08:31 AM »
It does sound interesting and when I have some time I plan to do some research on it.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 07:16:59 AM »
John.  You're going to have to buy some time from somewhere!   ;D

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 07:20:42 PM »
I guess I could stay off the computer for awhile.  :D ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 07:28:54 PM »
That would be no fun!    ;D