Author Topic: This one is for New Yorkers  (Read 2093 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
This one is for New Yorkers
« on: June 24, 2010, 01:48:17 PM »
If you are a pistol permit holder in the state of NY, anyone can access your address with this site. The pistol permit records are public records, and someone posted links to the info. I'm not on the new csv but my name is on the old csv, and I have been out of NY over six years.
  Now the bad element can watch a house they now that there is a pistol owner in, and when no one's home try to get your guns.

http://nypistoldb.110mb.com/

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Re: This one is for New Yorkers
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 03:36:06 PM »
The Libtards have tried to do this in Michigan, and it was not allowed..

The news people and the Brady bunch are one in the same when it comes to this tactic..

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 05:06:53 PM »
Believe it or not, we have a similar problem here in Tennessee, where the Second Amendment is much revered.  The Memphis Commercial Appeal has posted a link to a searchable database of carry permit holders in the state. We're attempting to get legislation passed to prohibit such invasions of privacy.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 05:39:17 PM »
Not from NY, but that is disturbing.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 08:12:29 PM »
     This strikes me as being somewhat hypocritical. They make laws against any exposure of a concealed weapon, and then publish your name and address to let people know you are carrying. Those two statements seem directly opposed to each other.    Gene
birdman

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 08:49:13 PM »
It's for the children!!!
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline shakermountain

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 10:49:11 AM »
Glad I moved in-then riteouta - NY before I applied to carry my R9. Oh for the days when I lived in VT and could just drop my (back then it was a SW 5943) in my coat pocket and not think twice about it. All the  aliens (New Yorkers) that came across the border without being checked at shotgun-point made CC a good idea in my home state. I hear they're increasing the bag limit on Yankee fans in VT now. Wish NH would do the same thing. Oh right  - R9's are made in NY. Oh well..... ::) GO SOX!