Author Topic: New Toadstool  (Read 4671 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: New Toadstool
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 10:57:14 PM »
In 1965 things were really heating up in Vietnam. Were you discharged at that time?

I was; November, 65.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 10:58:43 PM »
Oops, I see you deleted your previous post; probably best to end the discussion.

Trying to answer your questions.    ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:43:02 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 11:00:19 PM »

Not important, thanks.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 11:07:32 PM »
 :)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 11:44:11 PM »
To those who have served, your response is not important.  We love you just the same.  Thank You!  From this tattered Veteran heart, I more than most know that that the words “Some Gave All and All Gave Some” ring more true than others will ever know.  I personally thank each and every one of you for what you have done.  By your side I stand.  Put me to the test and you will soon see.  I love this Nation's Veterans and those who support us!  No need for apology…..it’s what we do!  The Toad is here, anytime, anywhere….for that I will defend!
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 12:29:10 AM »
I am often asked to speak at veterans events, why, I do not know.  I am humbled to even be considered.  Isn’t  much I have not done in the name of peace and freedom and have often hoped that those who sent us to do what we did knew what they were asking because I assure you that the American Soldier was good at it.  Every one of us live our own hell and nobody can take away from what we feel or from what we experienced.  Some choose to talk about it, some don’t.  I urge each of you to not judge.  I can only speak from my heart when I say that it was always an honor to speak at Veterans events where Viet Nam Brothers ( I wasn’t there, but I still care) bowed their heads when I said what I had to say.  For on those days it wasn’t about me, it was about those who have been there.  This pic was taken on the 8th of November, 2009.  May have to look closely as it was dark.  This was at a Viet Nam Traveling Memorial.  It was an honor to be even asked to speak, let alone be in the presence of such Great Americans.  Listen to the song (8th of November by Big & Rich) and think, it meant more to me than adjectives alone can describe.  I love you all!  All Gave Some, Some Gave All!  KJTrains, I see Nov 1965….it is for you, that people like me serve.  Thank You Brother!  From this hardened and humble Veteran heart, I thank you!  

American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 06:36:59 PM »
Toad - I only know you from a few posts and know that I could, no, CAN, count on you as a true friend.
And because of this I know why you are asked to speak at these Veteran eventss.

You have a GIFT!

Your words may be few, but are touching and communicate well.
They get right to the heart of the matter.

Please press on, so we may never forget, and always stand proud.

God Bless You

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 07:50:51 PM »
We are fortunate that he and all like him served in the U.S. Armed Forces. That is a succession of proud legacy that has been continuous for the past 235 years or so. "Judge not lest ye be judged."
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 09:23:09 PM by tracker »