Author Topic: Our American Heros  (Read 1781 times)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
Our American Heros
« on: July 25, 2010, 01:05:32 AM »
Can't believe the coverage given to a 20 something celebrity brat lately.

Here are a few 20 year-olds worth knowing about: Justin Allen, 23; Brett Linley, 29; Matthew Weikert, 29; Justus Bartett, 27; Dave Santos, 21; Chase Stanley, 21; Jesse Reed, 26; Matthew Johnson, 21; Zachary Fisher, 24; Brandon King, 23; Christopher Goeke, 23; & Sheldon Tate, 27.

These men gave their lives for you this past week. Lindsey who?  We must never forget the sacrifices that are made on our behalf each and every day.
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Our American Heros
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 02:18:34 AM »
  It is indeed sad that one of our troops had to die defending our freedoms, and gets little or no recognition for there sacrifice.
Yet some spoiled Hollyweird brat doing something stupid will get top billing on every national news network.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
pRe: Our American Heros
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:53:27 AM »
Some historians have used the term "bread and circuses" to describe the preoccupation with immediate wants and trivialities and the loss of concern for civic duty that characterized the decline and fall of the Roman Empire. I hope and pray that this great nation of ours is not entering such a phase. However, the 24-hour news cycle these days seems to be more concerned with the foibles of so-called "celebrities" than the sacrifies of our true heroes. It is a sad and alarming turn of events.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 11:17:49 AM »
Here is another fine soldier that lost his life last week in Afganistan,he hails from an area just north from me.

I am going to try to get the wife and kids together and go meet the plane,and give some support to the family!!

A Marine from Benzie County will be laid to rest this week.

Corporal Paul Miller, 22, was killed by a roadside bomb last week in Afghanistan.    

Tentative funeral plans were released by the Marines to the 7 & 4 Newsroom Saturday.  

Corporal Miller's body will be flown into Cherry Capital Airport Tuesday at 12:00 p.m..  A viewing will be held Wednesday at Reynolds-Jonkhoff Funeral Home from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

The funeral will be held at a Lake Ann church, but the exact time and location have not yet been set.   Corporal Miller will be laid to rest at Memorial Gardens in Traverse City.

Corporal Miller was a graduate of Benzie Central Schools.

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 11:25:31 AM »
Thanks for each, for your thoughts; means alot.  And Brenden, great, that you and family are giving this support; that, too, will mean much to this family.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 01:28:25 AM »
Awesome Brenden

That's what I call Support
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE