Author Topic: New Pup  (Read 4133 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: New Pup
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 10:56:19 AM »
The challenge is starting to become a real uphill battle, I like the looks of the Mag-na-Port porting on autos but I guess thats out. :'(
  I'm having a similar problem with one of the other items I want done.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 10:58:56 AM »
Keep at it.  I know you'll find the solution.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 10:45:25 AM »
Well I wish I had an update worth mention but the pup is still as received and no breakthroughs on making any of the ideas a reality.
   Obviously the Mag-na-Porting is out of the question. so porting itself may not happen, nothing different about having Bob Cogan drill two holes on the top of the slide.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 11:07:48 AM »
The journey continues!  You'll get there!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 01:40:07 PM »
Well I wish I had an update worth mention but the pup is still as received and no breakthroughs on making any of the ideas a reality.
   Obviously the Mag-na-Porting is out of the question. so porting itself may not happen, nothing different about having Bob Cogan drill two holes on the top of the slide.

John

John if all you want is something different just get Bob to drill those holes in the bottom of the barrel and have the frame holes wedge cut.  That way it whistles every time you shoot it.  Then you will have something different!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 02:12:35 PM »

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 02:38:35 PM »
John here are a couple different ideas that did not get alot of show when it first hit the forum.  

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1225334134;start=0#0

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »
Corey,
   I looked at the Conamyds but things like that are only done by the guy who came up with the idea and has the setup to do it. It would cost a lot for another machinist to program that and get the tooling, one idea I had a guy told me it would be $800 to $1000 to do.  :o

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 04:32:24 PM »
Keep digging there, John.  Your answer is problably right around the corner.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
Well things may be looking up a little, as of right now it appears some of the ideas may become reality. ;D
   More news as it becomes available.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »
Good.  News is always welcomed; that way don't have to wonder!     :D

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 05:15:29 PM »
Good deal, can't wait to see it.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2010, 04:54:05 PM »
Well some of the ideas are now doable but I am putting the pup project on hold for a little while. There are other things in the works that are a higher priority. :o

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2010, 05:15:02 PM »
Aw shucks, John, however, one has to do what one has to do!    :(