Author Topic: Florida CCW Renewal  (Read 2006 times)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
Florida CCW Renewal
« on: April 02, 2011, 09:23:45 PM »
Just a note….I recently moved (just around the corner) and did my address change online with the Florida Licensing Department (a part of the Department of Agriculture).  I got an email confirmation as well.  Friday I was poking around online and saw that they are supposed to mail the renewal forms 150 days prior to expiration of the permit.  I had not received mine and being well within the 150 days, I called.  After a long wait they said they didn’t have my change of address notice…now keep in mind, I just moved, so if they had mailed to the old address I’d still have received.  Even while I was deployed, all of my mail was received.  The renewal forms aren’t available online.  So, they had me go online, while holding on, and resubmit my address change.  The lady was very kind and waited till it came through and said my forms would be sent ASAP.  She also said that since I’m already in the system the renewal will go very quickly.  Just something to keep in mind for my Florida Brothers…if it’s getting close, and you haven’t gotten your forms, call them.  I don’t think my move or change of address had anything to do with it, I think they just simply didn’t get mailed.  I get all the mail from the other house still as my Brother owns it.  Hope this helps someone else.  
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Florida CCW Renewal
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:13:59 PM »
Sounds typical for any understaffed state government agency. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Florida CCW Renewal
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:21:54 PM »
You would think they could do better, though; good that the lady was nice.  That's a plus.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln