Author Topic: R9S to the rescue  (Read 2529 times)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
R9S to the rescue
« on: April 17, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »
Got a story to share.  This just happened today.  A lady friend from work, and R9S owner, lives alone.  Early this morning her dog was barking so she looked outside and saw a shady looking character coming towards her patio door.  Seeing as how she was RANGER trained, she had her gun at the ready (and she is quite proficient with it) and pointed it through the glass at the individual.  He got scared and ran off, climbing/jumping her privacy fence in the back.  When the county Sheriff finally arrived (about 25 min later, and too late to do any good had she not been armed), he told her that they suspected the same character was responsible for some break ins in and about the neighborhood over the past few weeks.  Today I took her the S&W .45 that I posted previously, was just thinking that if the guy came back around, it wouldn’t hurt to have a .45   She has shot it several times so I’m comfortable with her having it at the ready.  I’m so glad she didn’t have to use her R9, but hate to think what may have happened had she not been armed.  The individual didn’t seem deterred until he saw the gun.  And, there’s a lot to be said about a dog in the house.  Hers is small and harmless, but a good alarm.  This story makes me think of a window sticker I have on my truck that says “Criminals Prefer Unarmed Victims.”  Arm Up America!
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: R9S to the rescue
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 09:13:59 PM »

Amen, Toad; dogs for warning and guns for protection.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 02:04:38 AM »
Amen, Toad; dogs for warning and guns for protection.

I'll second that.  ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 08:21:42 AM »
Arm up America.  Wise words, Toad!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Marshbrook

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 09:43:53 AM »
Toad....thanks for sharing the story!

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 10:28:50 AM »

great story!
if it isn't a rohrbaugh, its too darn big

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 10:35:50 AM »
I love it!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline JR956678

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 06:32:51 PM »
Thanks for sharing. As has been said, 95% of DUG (Defensive Use of Gun) do not result in any shots being fired as this incident demonstrates so well.

It's better to have a gun and not need it (or have to use it) than to need one and not have it.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 07:36:07 PM »
Awesome!

Good to know that she had the balls, and the R9.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE