Author Topic: Toadville  (Read 2841 times)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
Toadville
« on: May 16, 2011, 10:39:52 PM »
Brothers and Friends, as some of you have figured out…I come and go at the bequest of our Great Uncle….fact is, I’m too old for this $hit and hope I’m about done…but when out Great Nation calls…I cannot resist….  Anyway, I’m back home now and while I was gone, I had a dock built so I can enjoy some adult beverages by the bayou.  My Brother (active duty Air Force CMSgt (E-9)) will be back stateside this weekend and he and I will certainly  partake on the dock…I might need to install some safety nets.  Anyway, I wanted to share a bit with those who really pay attention to this forum…  If anyone wonders, Life Is Good in Toadville.  There is an old David Allen Coe song.  It roughly says…’I bought my house on the GI bill, wasn’t worth all I had to kill to get it.”  Reckon he never hung out in Toadville…  ;o)  Included a pic of the dock, view from dock to house and one of yours truly.  Note the crosses on my arm…a tribute to our WWII Brothers who gave all…a depiction of our Military Cemeteries overseas.  I love this Great Nation and have given her my all (well almost all)……and many thanks to all those who have served and to those Great Americans who support those who do.  I have always said, one does not have to have served in the military to be a Great American….I mean that….and I feel quite qualified to say so.  

American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Toadville
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »

Toadville is Princeville.

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 10:54:08 PM »
Thanks Tracker...got your message and passed it to those who can really take credit, although they never will.  
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 11:14:59 PM »
Toad.  You have one fantastic place; amazing!  Thanks for sharing.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 11:16:24 PM »
Thanks KJ...I don't deserve it, but feel I earned it....does that even make sense...anyway...to you and a few others, if you ever make it to the Florida Panhandle, you are always welcome....
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 11:23:35 PM »
Thanks, Toad and yes, that does make sense and believe me; you have earned it.  Enjoy!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 11:28:53 PM »
Thanks Brother....
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 11:35:43 PM »
Toad, Toadville is a fine looking place to call home and I'm sure it is well deserved.
  Thank You and your Brother for your service and enjoy your time together.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 11:41:39 PM »
Thanks Yank, My Brother...I'll pass your words to my Brother.  
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 03:50:19 AM »
Awesome place, Toad.

You definitely deserve it.

Thanks to you and your brother for your selfless service.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 08:35:58 PM »
Toad, maybe some 1 1/2" rope from post to post and a few solar lights on the top of a few post will add to the safety after a few of those adult beverages. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 09:08:59 PM »
AT:

You have Toadville. I have Critter Creek. You definitely have earned yours. I would like to think I might have earned mine as well.

Thank you for your service to our great nation!

Life is good.   8)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:11:09 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 10:51:29 PM »
Yankee, I definitely want to do the rope.  I was thinking I might need safety nets for my Brother's visit.  A good friend of mine whom I’ve been serving with for the past three years, active duty LTC just selected for Col, will be here too.  He is leaving for liaison duty in Iraq in a few weeks.  Hate to see him go.  Anyway, it's sure to be a good time.  I'll try to get some pix...

Richard,
No doubt you did earn it.  I have noticed before your years of service.  Thank You!  Critter Creek is beautiful.  Looks like a nice place for a man to just sit, think, and enjoy this wonderful life.  

Reinz,
Thanks for your words.  While my brother is here, I'll log on and show him what Great Americans we have on this forum.  I think this forum is very unique in that regard.  

Life Is Good in Toadville my Brothers!
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop