Author Topic: The Toadville Tavern  (Read 2310 times)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
The Toadville Tavern
« on: December 05, 2011, 09:04:43 PM »
Over the years, I’ve been known to collect a few things with the thought that one day I’d build a bar.  Recently I downloaded plans at barplans.com, bought a truck load of wood, and built me a bar.  I’ve never been a woodworker, but with the proper amount of adult libations, my creative side came out.  It’s a 6’ bar with a foot board, and drink station on the bartender side.  I started on an early Saturday morning, put the first coat of stain on it at 0200 Sunday morning, subsequent coats that week and by Thursday, moved it inside.  I’m very pleased with how it came out and thought y’all may like having a look.

This picture meant a lot to me...was given to me by a dear friend and Combat Veteran. 

So far, I've only had one bottle of beer in this new bar... ;D
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: The Toadville Tavern
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 09:09:01 PM »
Not too shabby a collection of fine whiskey, either.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:12:28 PM by tracker »

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »
Tracker...good eye, note I said one bottle of beer....Sat night a bottle of Woodford Reserve got ahold of me....lot's to choose from on those shelves, from whiskey to bourbon to some pretty decent scotch....
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 09:19:35 PM »
Toad.  You do good work.  Very nice; a place to enjoy!  And all those bottles of great stuff.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 09:28:34 PM »
Thanks KJ...friends are always welcome here. 

Better view of the main shelf.

Saturday night one bottle and one Toad didn't fair too well.

Just a note that most of this fine selection have been gifts.  Very typical, after extended times away, when we return CONUS, tradition dictates a fine bottle of something for "jobs well done."  There are a couple etched bottles up there that will never be opened, everything else is fair game.  The one on the far left bottom, with ribbon was etched for and meant for a Brother who didn't return, it will forever hold a place of honor on the shelf. 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 09:35:51 PM »
That would be far right bottom....and I haven't even been into the bourbon and am already confused.  :-[
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 10:39:29 PM »
Toad very nice indeed, Im sure you will get a lot of enjoyment from it.
 Maybe it would be just a little better with a couple of farting bananas on the wall. ;D ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 03:05:58 PM »
That is an impressive piece of work, AT! And any "tavern" that stocks both Glenlivet and Glenfiddich gets five stars from me.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 07:09:57 PM »
Thanks Gents, and there is always room on the Tavern wall for farting bananas...  :)

If any of y'all are in the area, let me know and we'll uncork a bottle, sit around the bar, and talk about guns and other fun stuff....
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop