Author Topic: Range trip Sunday  (Read 15387 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Range trip Sunday
« on: June 05, 2023, 02:48:17 PM »
R9 Special Forces #4700, 20 rounds Lawman 124 done 3 shots quick fire/point and shoot at 7 yards.  Initially the first two shots were center mass heart shots but the third was low left (liver) (“perp with a gun” target).  After the 3rd sequence I kept the third in the chest, but still pulled lower and left as I just could not control the pistol after the 2nd recoil.  I guess I need to put in a pause after the 2nd round.  The recoil was a bit painful after 9 rounds or so, I guess because those old hands turned 80 three weeks ago,  I gotta tell you it is really weird being the same age as a bunch of old people!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Range trip Sunday
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 06:14:06 PM »
Age is just a number that only means something if you let it, sounds like you are staying young at heart.  Good Job,

Had mine in my pocket at the range Sunday, never took it out.  Probably should have. :-\

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 07:39:18 PM »
When you wake up looking down at the grass versus up at the grass, you're doing ok.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 09:39:39 PM »
Otherwise known as being vertical and on the green side of the grass.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 09:06:20 AM »
Upright and above ground each morning is a good start to the day….
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis