Author Topic: What is your Main Home defense gun?  (Read 14031 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: What is your Main Home defense gun?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 08:47:04 PM »
John:

HOOAH!   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 08:52:16 PM »

We have it in NC.  ;D :D

North Carolina

Use of deadly physical force against an intruder.
(a) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence is justified in using any degree of force that the occupant reasonably believes is necessary, including deadly force, against an intruder to prevent a forcible entry into the home or residence or to terminate the intruder's unlawful entry (i) if the occupant reasonably apprehends that the intruder may kill or inflict serious bodily harm to the occupant or others in the home or residence, or (ii) if the occupant reasonably believes that the intruder intends to commit a felony in the home or residence.
(b) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence does not have a duty to retreat from an intruder in the circumstances described in this section.[18]

John

Way to go, John.  I didn't have time to pull that up!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 10:09:24 PM »
Tennessee Code
39-11-611. Self-defense. —

(a)  As used in this section, unless the context otherwise requires:

(1)  “Business” means a commercial enterprise or establishment owned by a person as all or part of the person's livelihood or is under the owner's control or who is an employee or agent of the owner with responsibility for protecting persons and property and shall include the interior and exterior premises of the business;

(2)  “Curtilage” means the area surrounding a dwelling that is necessary, convenient and habitually used for family purposes and for those activities associated with the sanctity of a person's home;

(3)  “Dwelling” means a building or conveyance of any kind, including any attached porch, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, that has a roof over it, including a tent, and is designed for or capable of use by people;

(4)  “Residence” means a dwelling in which a person resides, either temporarily or permanently, or is visiting as an invited guest, or any dwelling, building or other appurtenance within the curtilage of the residence; and

(5)  “Vehicle” means any motorized vehicle that is self-propelled and designed for use on public highways to transport people or property.

(b)  (1)  Notwithstanding § 39-17-1322, a person who is not engaged in unlawful activity and is in a place where the person has a right to be has no duty to retreat before threatening or using force against another person when and to the degree the person reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force.

(2)  Notwithstanding § 39-17-1322, a person who is not engaged in unlawful activity and is in a place where the person has a right to be has no duty to retreat before threatening or using force intended or likely to cause death or serious bodily injury, if:

(A)  The person has a reasonable belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury;

(B)  The danger creating the belief of imminent death or serious bodily injury is real, or honestly believed to be real at the time; and

(C)  The belief of danger is founded upon reasonable grounds.

(c)  Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or serious bodily injury within a residence, business, dwelling or vehicle is presumed to have held a reasonable belief of imminent death or serious bodily injury to self, family, a member of the household or a person visiting as an invited guest, when that force is used against another person, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence, business, dwelling or vehicle, and the person using defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred.

[size=10][Edited to supply emphasis in bold type.][/size]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:16:43 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 10:26:15 PM »

In summary: "Don't mess with Texas."

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 10:59:44 PM »

Back to the Chief's question, my preference for HD is a Glock 19 or 17 fitted with an XTI Procyon light @125 lumens. I have some mixed feelings with illuminating one's position but have decided to go with the light for a myriad of reasons including the consideration of a situation where a friend or family member may be falsely perceived as an intruder.

http://www.insight-tek.com/products-procyon.htm

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2010, 07:02:30 AM »
Tracker's post is right on the mark.  I thought I remembered having previously submitted a post on the importance of a light in these situations. A quick search retrieved it:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Water;action=display;num=1204080278;start=31#31
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 09:19:33 AM »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2010, 02:04:40 PM »
Springfield XD 45 13 + 1 in the chamber, light with laser hanging.  Sure defender flash light in left hand, Hideaway knife hanging from my neck.  

Wife retired LEO, backing me up with Glock 32 or Ruger LCR with laser, Sure defender in hand but no knife.

That's the plan.
Not paranoid, just perpared

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 06:19:56 PM »
Dino:

Now that's what I call a plan! Good work!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline nase

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2010, 10:30:39 PM »
Y'all are making me feel like an unprepared pussy... I've just got a Sig P220 that sleeps on the nightstand. Maybe I need to upgrade my home defense preparations  :P

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2010, 10:41:09 PM »

It sounds like you are definitely on the right track.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2010, 10:47:03 PM »
Sounds good to me as well.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 12:35:55 AM »
Anyone looking for a good light should check out the Olight site, they are made right here in NC. I just picked up a M30 Triton.(700 Lumens max) Cost was $115. They also have a 2200 Lumen model, ($450)
I tried one that that a friend had WOW.

http://www.olightusa.com/

Specitication on the M30 Triton

1. LED CREE MC-E led

2. Battery    3xCR123A/RCR123A batteries

4xCR123A or 2xLi-ion 18650 with extended tube

3. Dimension  43.5mm/1.71"(D)X176.9mm/6.96"(L)

4. Dimension with extended tube   43.5mm/1.71"(D)X210.9mm/8.3"(L)

5. Weight     165.2g/5.83oz (exclude battery)

6. Function   Three brightness levels and strobe mode.

7.Output and runtime   High Mode 700lumens/1.5hours,

Medium Mode 120lumens/7.5hours,

Low Mode 8lumens/90hours

Strobe 700lumens/1.5hours

John

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 06:57:42 AM »
I "SEE" what you're talking about, John.  Can't concentrate on it ...but I "see" it.

That eye looking back at me from the monitor is absolutely creepy.

The first time I saw the "bug" you had running around in circles, my rather old eyes thought it was real and I tried to get it  ;D ;D

I wonder when that's coming for real.    ?????

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 07:34:26 AM »
Anyone looking for a good light should check out the Olight site, they are made right here in NC. I just picked up a M30 Triton.(700 Lumens max) Cost was $115. They also have a 2200 Lumen model, ($450)
I tried one that that a friend had WOW.

John

John.  Good information on the light.  Whoa!  That EYE!    ;D