Author Topic: Introducing myself - Eric C. Rohrbaugh  (Read 32864 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Introducing myself - Eric C. Rohrbaugh
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2015, 06:23:35 PM »
Thanks Brenden. . . . . . Glad to finally be here. As time permits on my end, I will try to post some more photographs and some stories that may be of interest to all R9 owners.

Regards,

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline T-Man

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2015, 05:53:49 PM »
Hi, Eric!

I'm a VERY infrequent poster on this site, but I pocket carry my R9s Stealth frequently and love the little gun. I'm glad to see you joined this site and will be watching for your posts hoping to get more insight into these cool little pistols.

Thank you for your time and input!
Ted

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2015, 09:39:29 PM »
Good Evening Ted and thank you for stopping by here today on the forum. Thank you also for your trust in my brother Karl and I for creating our little 9mm pistol for you. It has been nice to see many folks are now beginning to carry their R9s again as I chime in with some insight to the do's and don'ts with it. Keep it clean and lubed and carry the ammunition your particular R9 likes and all should be well should the unthinkable time comes that you need to depend on it for your protection or the protection of your family or friends. That is why we made them!

Stay well and stop by the boards here and enjoy some new found comradery.

Have a good evening.

Regards,

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Magrred

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2015, 10:27:52 PM »
Hi Eric,

Thanks for all the comments and insights into the great Rohrbaugh firearm. They are greatly appreciated.

I do have a question about the COVERT. Was it a Rohrbaugh sponcered / supported venture with Wilson or a third party venture. I have one along with a Stealth and love them both.

Thanks in advance,

MAGRRED

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2015, 04:07:31 PM »
Hey Mag ~ Welcome to the forum.

In reference to your "COVERT" model. Those were not our bird. We sold Standard Rohrbaugh R9 pistols to Arego's Wholesale Guns Inc., 1558 G Airport Road, Hot Springs, AR. 71913 ~ Usually 10 or 20 at a clip. They sent them out to Wilson for their handiwork and then Arego's sold them as the "COVERT" Model R9. While we did take care of the warranty repairs when needed on them, Arego's paid us a fee for that service, so it was pretty much his deal. Later on in the sales, we ended up taking care of any warranty work without payment from him. It's all good though overall.

Regards,

Eric R.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2015, 10:26:28 PM »
MY EDC is a Covert...it had to have some work done by Eric's people once, and has been a truly trustworthy and dependable carry piece since that time.  I doubt that it has any advantage over the stealth (for those of us who don't want a shiny carry weapon).
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2015, 09:05:20 PM »
Eric: I was wondering if you ever started a collection of magazine articles about the Rohrbaughs?...and how many that exist? Thanks, Norm
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2015, 10:24:33 PM »
Eric: I was wondering if you ever started a collection of magazine articles about the Rohrbaughs?...and how many that exist? Thanks, Norm

Actually, we had a spiral folder with those somewhere. Karl had it, but I don't know what happened to it after the move. I'll ask him if he has it. While it was not up to date fully, there were many articles through the years that we did cut out and keep. If he has it, I'll scan those and post them for the forum as history. Thank you for asking Norm

Regards,

Eric R.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2015, 10:44:04 PM »
I have 3 magazines with mentions of the R9 on the front page. Would love to know what else exists. Thanks Eric, Norm.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline T-Man

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2015, 08:50:11 PM »
Hey Eric, just curious... did you guys influence VZ to start making R9 grips or did they decide to do so on their own?

I've been trying repeatedly to persuade them to offer grips for pistols they don't currently offer, but they won't consider.

Just wondering how you successfully persuaded them to do it, if you did.

Ted

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2015, 07:51:08 PM »
Hey Ted,

Happy Easter / Passover to you and yours. In ref. to the VZ grips. . . . a cool story. We were at the Las Vegas S.H.O.T. Show a few years back and were at our booth when John Van Zyck from VZ Grips stopped by with an R9 with his grips on them! Karl and I went over to their booth, which was, interestingly enough, just down the aisle from us! Go figure. So we liked what we saw and asked them to make us a few offerings, hence the blue, black carbon fiber and G10 VZ grips we went with during our final years of production. I loved them because they bowed out instead of the flat type we always had on the R9 pistols. I wish had we found them sooner, they would have been our OEM for years!

Regards,

Eric R.

Offline pjames32

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2015, 02:39:49 PM »
Eric
I'm fairly new to the forum and still have not found an R9 to buy.
I joined after I had a chance to shoot a magazine.
I'm glad you have joined this forum and look forward to your input and stories.
Paul James

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2015, 09:27:18 PM »
PJ,
Welcome to the forum. I believe Eric R. Has probably left on his motorcycle trip.

After I first discovered Rohrbaugh, I had a time finding one to buy as well.  I called every gun store within 100 miles to find a dealer. Keep up your search, it is definitely worth it.

I also know that many of our forum members have done well in acquiring their pup here on the forum.

Good luck in your search.

Griff
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2015, 10:36:54 PM »
I'm fairly new to the forum and still have not found an R9 to buy.
I joined after I had a chance to shoot a magazine.
I'm glad you have joined this forum and look forward to your input and stories.
Paul James

Paul: Which R9 are u looking for? The Stealth or R9S? I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Offline Swengen

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2015, 04:02:34 PM »
Hi Eric,  Glad you are on board!  Love my Stealth.  Talked with Karl once about an eject issue I sometimes had.  The service I received from you guys was absolutely the best.  This little pup never fails me at the range and give great confidence in my pocket.  I'm hoping to soon find another magazine extension like the one I was able to get on the forum.  Have VZ grips on mine and what a package it is!  Thank you Rohrbaugh guys!
If I bleat when I speak, it's because I've just been fleeced.

Al Swearingen