Author Topic: new r9s first time shot plus cold weather  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Jason

new r9s first time shot plus cold weather
« on: December 07, 2007, 12:09:42 PM »
Hi everyone just got my r9s yesterday it was made in late october. I live in northern NH the it was about 12 out today.I figured I would give it a try I fired 4 clips 3 clips of winchester white box and one clip of gold dot 115.I was impressed the gun functioned fine no jams at all and accuracy was'nt to bad.I was curious how it would work in cold weather I have to say no problems.You cant beat the size weight and caliber of this piece.I kinda wish they stuck with the carbon fiber grips though just for cosmetic reasons its a relatively expensive little weapon I paid 1,179.00 for mine I could have got one a bit cheaper but I wanted the one with the 416 slide the way you can tell this is the 416 slides are stamped "made in usa"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: new r9s first time shot plus cold weather
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 04:57:32 PM »
Jason, welcome to the forum and family. To beat cold weather start a camp fire then enjoy. Nice range report.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: new r9s first time shot plus cold weather
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 07:49:56 PM »
Jason:

Welcome, and thanks for the cold-weather range report. My own experience indicates that cold temperatures help somewhat in keeping these little pocket rockets from overheating during extended strings of fire.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"