Author Topic: NRA BOARD NEW ELECTIONS  (Read 2613 times)

Offline orthoward

NRA BOARD NEW ELECTIONS
« on: February 14, 2009, 11:32:12 AM »
Dear Gentleman (and ladies),
My name is Michael Ward. I am one of the principals of Rohrbaugh Firearms. I, and I hope several of the gun enthusiasts in these United States are concerned, appropriately, with the potential detriment to the 2nd amendment and gun enthusiasts in general with this new administration's mentality to firearms ownership.

I feel that the best way to improve the quality of life for gun enthusiasts is to have person(s) who are willing to committ their time effort and energy. Not many people are willing to pursue this committement and I feel that the NRA is a great sounding board and a political arm against the anti-gun community.

George Kollitides is the managing director of the Freedom Group, an offshoot of Cerberus dedicated to the firearms industry and maintaining the 2 nd amendent and it's associated verbiage. I would like to take this time to endorse his position in the upcoming elections.
He is committed to maintain the freedom for up coming generations.

George K. Kollitides
New Canaan, CT 06840

George is a National Rifle Association Benefactor Member, who serves on the NRA Hunting and Wildlife Conservation Committee and is endorsed by the NY State Rifle & Pistol Association (NYSRPA), where he serves as Director of Industry Relations.  George has lobbied for the Second Amendment politically, in the field and on the range and is a member of the board of directors of Remington, Bushmaster, Marlin, and DPMS.  George is a Life member of Texas State Rifle Association (TSRA), California Rifle and Pistol Association (CRPA), NY State Rifle and Pistol Association (NYSRPA), Amateur Trapshooting Association (ATA), Boone and Crockett (Associate), Houston Safari Club, National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association (MLRA), and Quail Unlimited.  He is also a member of Remington Collectors, Sportsmen’s Association for Firearms Education (SAFE), National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF), Ducks Unlimited (DU) and the US Sportsmen’s Alliance. His wife and children are NRA Life Members and enjoy hunting and shooting.  George is a member of the Mashomack preserve club in Millbrook, NY.

During his professional career, Mr. Kollitides has focused on building companies in the defense and firearms industries.  Some his most recent projects are IAP, Tier 1 Group and Freedom Group, Inc.  IAP is one of the largest defense service providers in the US providing key support services, such as base operations, air traffic control, mobile power and general logistics to US troops domestically and abroad. Tier 1 Group is a Weapons and Tactics and Tactical medical Training Provider for the US military, government agencies and US allies and includes specialized training for elite tactical units. Freedom Group has grown from a small firearms company to one of the largest in the world with a diverse of products and brands sold commercially and to law enforcement and the US military and its allies world wide.  It includes such brands as Remington, Marlin, H&R, New England Firearms, Parker Bros., L.C. Smith, Bushmaster and DPMS Panther.  Mr. Kollitides is currently a member of the board of directors of IAP Worldwide Services, Tier 1 Group, Control Solutions, LNR, Bushmaster Firearms, Remington Firearms, Marlin Firearms, and DPMS Panther Arms and is a speaker on topics involving defense, firearms and investing.  Mr. Kollitides received an MBA in Finance and Management of Organizations from Columbia Business School in 1998 and a BA in Economics with a minor in Government and Law from Lafayette College in 1991.  

George has used his experience as a businessman and entrepreneur, coupling his business acumen with his passion for the shooting sports, to support the second amendment and many of NRA’s programs.

Mr. Kollitides is 39 and resides in Connecticut with his wife and two sons.

Although only life members are eligible to vote for board members, I just want everyone to realize that there are people willing to put their opinion on the line and mean it.

Thank you for your time.
Very truly yours,

Michael Ward, DO

Offline CaptBW

• Master
Re: NRA BOARD NEW ELECTIONS
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 07:59:17 AM »
Thank you for the information.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline Nra-Life-Member

• Sharpshooter
Re: NRA BOARD NEW ELECTIONS
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 09:29:49 PM »
Yes, Thank you for this information..  My election ballot arrived today..