Author Topic: Re: Need Info  (Read 2591 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Need Info
« on: July 24, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »
Go to Profile, then down to Personalized Picture; select a picture, then click Change Profile.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 04:29:35 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Need Info
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 06:13:15 PM »
How do I add a picture to my Profile ?

Sergeant Major:

First of all, permit me to welcome you to the Forum!

To add a picture to your Profile, first upload the photograph you want to use from your computer to one of the Internet hosting sites. I use Photobucket, the basic service of which is free of charge. (After a few weeks, you will probably want to subscribe for greater hosting capability, as the cost is very reasonable.)

http://photobucket.com/

The Photobucket site will then offer four options for sharing the image: (1) Email & IM; (2) Direct Link; (3)  HTML Code; and (4) IMG Code. Copy the Direct Link code into your computer's memory and open the Forum's "Edit Profile" function. Toward the bottom of the page you will see a section for Personalized Text and Personalized Picture. Click the box labeled "I have my own pic" and paste the "Direct Link" code previously copied from Photobucket and being held in your computer's memory. The photograph should then appear in your Profile.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"