Author Topic: Just Happy to Carry My R9 Today  (Read 4707 times)

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
Just Happy to Carry My R9 Today
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:57:58 PM »
Most of the time I go out and about with just my LWS 380 and leave the heavy metal at home, and I feel perfectly covered by that.
Once in a while I like the combination of the LWS 380 and the R9, today was one of those days. Nothing happened where I needed a pistol for protection, nothing more than me just wanting a little more with me.I was just in the mood to carry the R9 and liked every minute of it.

I decided to utilize a holster I have posted here on the forum before, I just never posted a picture of the holster with the R9 in it and on my person.
It is the kydex holster made by "Holster by Dave" in the form of a paddle holster, very good fitting, very comfortable to wear, in fact I still have it on me.
Here is the picture.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Just Happy to Carry My R9 Today
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:02:51 PM »
Art nice looking rig. I'm not much of a Kydex fan myself, just like the look & feel of leather & exotic skins. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 07:18:34 AM »
I've had this more than a few years now, and liked it from the start.
It is comfortable and it sets the R9 in a good location.

You've no doubt seen my Del Fatti IWB for the R9, and that being leather is probably better on the R9 finish, but some pants there just isn't room for it.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 08:09:43 AM »
I've had this more than a few years now, and liked it from the start.
It is comfortable and it sets the R9 in a good location.

You've no doubt seen my Del Fatti IWB for the R9, and that being leather is probably better on the R9 finish, but some pants there just isn't room for it.

I really like this holster that Rohrbaugh sells
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 08:10:53 AM »
I must say that those VZ grips really make that rig "pop."   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:54:13 AM »
I really think that the VZ grips add more than any looks they provide, I like the grip they offer.

I've seen some combination R9/VZ grips that are stunning in appearance. Mostly the dark ones on a Stealth, shear beauty.