Author Topic: Input on rear pocket holster  (Read 5503 times)

Offline l_elieze

Input on rear pocket holster
« on: December 26, 2011, 11:29:53 PM »
I am looking for a rear pants pocket holster. Looking at the recluse holster and the one sold at Rohrbaugh web site. Any input will be appreciated. thanks.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Re: Input on rear pocket holster
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 12:48:09 PM »
Front pocket holsters are a lot more comfortable if you sit or ride a lot in a car. I'm sure others will have the opposite opinion. ;D
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 01:02:58 PM »
I agree with the front pocket holster, however, have a Meco rear pocket holster that I carry in the right front pocket; works very well.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tennman

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 02:26:19 PM »
 I have been using a rear pocket Recluse for a few months now.
I find it to be very comfortable in all situations.
 You could use it in a front pocket if you wanted. They also make a front pocket one
that has an angled corner as opposed to the square corner on the rear model.

I use it mostly in jeans. The top of the gun will be visible to anyone standing directly behind you but I have not had any problems.

Offline Full Circle

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 03:34:05 PM »
Jim Powell, owner of leatherandstuff.net in Texas makes a killer back pocket holster for the R9S.  Here is a link http://www.leatherandstuff.net/new%20ips%20bph%20006%20(small).jpg

I'm going to try to attach a photo of one of his great back pocket holsters for the R9S, with a mockup of the pistol.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 04:10:24 PM »
Lisa K. Hedley is the daughter of the legendary R. J. Hedley, who quite literally created the "Rear Pocket Holster" with its full coverage "Anti-Print" panel. She is carrying on R. J.'s legacy with amazing work of which her father would be extraordinarily proud:

http://hedleyholsters.com/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:12:22 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline PeterGunn

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 10:11:15 PM »
My mind is like a steel trap ... Rusty, and illegal in 37 states.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 10:38:20 PM »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 08:29:48 AM »
Welcome PG.  Enjoy the Forum.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 09:15:11 AM »
 I tried a rear pocket holster for my LSW32 and found that too uncomfortable. I can't imagine even trying the R9 in a rear pocket! That being said I have been told I am afflicted with NAAA (noassatall).
 Also, I think it is better hidden, protected, and drawn from the front pocket.

Robar233

Offline Sti470

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 04:28:38 PM »

tried a rear pocket holster for my LSW32 and found that too uncomfortable. I can't imagine even trying the R9 in a rear pocket! That being said I have been told I am afflicted with NAAA (noassatall).

I too thought the same thing, but the bulk of the Rohrbaugh sits higher in the back pocket so you are actually sitting on less of it than with the seecamp.  Much better IMO.

OP if you are interested I am selling an extra holster for only $45 shipped and you won't have to wait 6 weeks to get it.
http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=6137.0